Kenneth Walsh 4130 Glendale Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90017 (111)-688-1609 email@example.com
Ms. Annie Gardner Human Resources Manager Continental Airlines 3975 Brookside Drive Birmingham, AL 35222
Sep 3, 2010
Subject: Application for position of Air Traffic Controller
Dear Ms. Gardner,
I am applying for the position of Air Traffic Controller as seen advertised. I believe the skills and experience I have to offer in this respect will prove to be of considerable benefit to Continental Airlines.
The experience and skills I have to offer Continental Airlines include:
– I hold B.S. in Air Traffic Control gained at Environmental Technical Institute, Blue Island, IL in the year 2004.
– I have extensive experience in directing and controlling ground traffic as well as air traffic.
– This includes the taxiing of aircraft, the movements of baggage and maintenance vehicles, as well as airport personnel on the ground.
– It also includes checking weather conditions, maintaining appropriate distances between airborne incoming and outbound traffic, and maintaining close radio communications links with aircraft pilots.
– I have experience and understanding in the precise timing needed for flight vector changes.
– I can make quick and accurate decisions where necessary, directing aircraft to maintain a circling traffic pattern, or directing ground traffic to the appropriate runway when space becomes available, as well as maintaining safe distances between all aircraft and ground based vehicles.
– I can organize and provide flight plans to all aircraft about to enter my assigned air space, and ensure that they adhere to the instructions, as well as monitor their progress.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering me for this position, and I look forward to the chance to expand on my qualifications, experience and skills at interview level.
To this end you may contact me at (111)-688-1609, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I thank you again for the opportunity to be of service to you in the post of Air Traffic Controller.