How To Land The Experienced Program Coordinator Job
Finding a job opening in the Fitness and Recreation industry isn’t tough, but getting hired is a much bigger challenge. You need to demonstrate the skills and experience that hiring managers are looking for, and that’s why you need a well-written Experienced Program Coordinator cover letter.
123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
Home: 555-123-9876 – firstname.lastname@example.org
August 16, 2013
Dear Hiring Manager,
I would like to offer a brief overview of my abilities and experience. As a motivated recreation operations professional with 25+ years of combined experience in Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR), Aquatics, Parks and Recreation, and fitness facility logistics, I offer skills that will benefit your organization.
My background includes success in managing recreational property and facilities, staff, and programs. As a Morale Welfare Recreation Supervisor for DYNCORP International in Afghanistan, I manage government property and company assets for a global government services provider in support of allied forces during combat, peacekeeping, humanitarian, and training operations with special focus to those deployed in the Middle East. I am skilled in generating program support by expanding fitness class offerings and coordinating engaging special events.
Key achievements include:
- Expanded the number of aquatics classes offered by up to 50% as Aquatics Coordinator for Lifestyle Center, which resulted in exceeding incoming revenue projections by 25% for the fitness facility.
- Spearheaded and developed the scope of work and renovations for pools, new outdoor court facilities, and gyms using expert project management skills.
- Participated in the development of departmental publication for programs and classes.
- Skilled in coordinating successful special events including the Army 10 Miler, the Breast Cancer Walk, and the 911 5K with participation ranging from 200 to 800 people.
- Launched New year's Eve event in Iraq that was viewed by 50 million people in the U.S.
- Received several Certificates of Appreciation while working in MWR operations overseas.
To compliment this background, I studied Physical Education and have completed many certifications related to water safety, first aid, and fitness.
I have attached my resume for your review and I look forward to speaking with you further regarding your available position.