Looking to stand out among the crowd? In the internet technology industry, a great resume can be the difference between getting an interview and having your application discarded unread. Show hiring managers and recruiters that you’re the one to hire with an impressive document that includes everything in our IT support technician resume template for Word. Together with our writing tips for your summary statement, skills list, work history, and education section, this model can maximize your chances of landing the job.
IT Support Technician Resume Template for Word
Master Your Summary Statement
Recruiters love summary statements because they provide a quick overview of what you bring to the table. Think of it as a personal “elevator pitch” in which you have a few short moments to sell yourself before the reader decides to either continue reading or move on to someone else.
Take time to customize this statement for the position you’re seeking. Use paragraph or bullet point format, but keep it concise, with an overview that highlights your best features that make you an ideal candidate for the job. The IT support technician resume template for Word is a great model.
IT Support Technician Summary Statement Example
• Dedicated support technician with 12 years professional experience
• Expert proficiency across all platforms with advanced knowledge of network and IT configuration, setup, and maintenance
• Effective communicator with a passion for supporting end-users, clients, small businesses, and corporations in their network needs
Perfect Your Skills Section
In the skills section, you list your top skills in easy-to-read, bullet-point format. This gives the hiring manager an overview of specific skills. Rather than start from scratch, it’s a good idea to take a look at the job posting first. See what skills the company is looking for, and if you have them, list them. Try to include any of these skills exactly as they appear, since automated systems may scan your resume for matches before a person reads it.Our IT support technician resume template for Word can provide you with a sample. Here are some additional skills relevant to IT support:
• Basic desktop support for PC and Mac users
• Mobile device support
• Wireless installation and cabling
• Basic server administration
• IT hardware/software installation and configuration
• Phone and email support to end users
Polish Your Work History Section
In this section, you’ll list your previous experience. Keep this relevant. See it as a marketing tool rather than a place to list every job you’ve held since your time as a coffee shop barista in high school. Include positions where you used skills and were given responsibilities that will make you a desirable candidate to recruiters and hiring managers.Start with your current or most recent job and work backwards as you go down the page. Since hiring managers will pay the most attention to items on your resume that are “above the fold,” or on the top half, provide the most relevant details about your current position. When able, use quantitative information. How many users did you support? Did you configure multiple networks? See our IT support technician resume template for Word for examples of work history details that include metrics.Here are some other examples of work history:
IT Support Engineer – Ellis Memorial Hospital – Sacramento, CA – February 2015-present
• Provide desktop support for more than 300 doctors, nurses, and hospital technicians
• Maintain and troubleshoot network of 500 computer and mobile devices
• Create internal documentation for software/Cloud-based application use
• Cable new hospital wing and integrate into larger network, migrating user accounts from previous systemComputer Support Specialist – LearningTech – Austin, TX – January 2013-June 2015
• Set up new user accounts on the content management system, email exchange server, and trouble ticket system
• Provided in-person and remote support to more than 50 customers
• Ran help desk and resolved issues with guaranteed response time of 24-36 hours
• Set user permissions following company security guidelines
Refine Your Education Section
In the internet technology industry, it’s important that hiring managers are able to see what technical training you have. In the education section, you should include any additional, specialized training you’ve completed in addition to your degree. Only include information relevant to the industry; you may have your dive instructor license, but that won’t tell a recruiter that you’d make a good technician.
Put your degrees in reverse chronological order, with your most recent degree first. You may opt to place certifications after degree information. Leave off high school information if you have an associate degree or higher, and leave off dates if you graduated more than 10 years ago, as shown on the IT support technician resume template for Word.
IT Support Technician Education Section Example
Associate of Science, Information Technology – 2009
San Jose State University
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – 2015
Cisco Certified Network Associate – 2014