Crafting a good resume is often essential for securing the job you want. Creative resumes are a good style choice for any position that may be a bit informal or out of the box. With these resumes, you’ll want to highlight not only your ability to do the job, but also your creative approach to solving problems and finding solutions. The template below, as well as the helpful tips that accompany it, can provide you a thorough understanding of how to master this type of resume.Create ResumeCustomize Resume
What to Include in a Creative Camp Counselor Resume
For a creative resume, highlight your ability to think outside the box while still showcasing your attention to professionalism and detail. You’re a little freer to play around with language in this type of resume, so you may want to consult a thesaurus for some unique words. However, be sure not to use words you aren’t familiar with because they may not reflect what you’re trying to say. No matter the type of resume you chose, the content will help determine whether you are called for an interview. There are important sections to include in a creative resume, including education, summary and experience.
Common Resume Fails: Mistakes to Avoid
- Don’t Include Filler Information: Potential employers can generally spot a padded resume, even if the extra words make it appear longer. In order to have a long enough resume, try to participate in some relevant extracurricular activities or organizations.
- Don’t Forget to Proofread: Even if you have proofread your resume yourself, it’s always a good idea to have a second pair of eyes look over it as well. Reading your resume out loud can also help you spot mistakes.
- Avoid Making Your Resume Too Long: Resumes should be limited to one page, unless you work for a government agency or need to write a curriculum vitae (CV). To keep it one page, leave off any job information that doesn’t pertain to the field for which you’re applying.
- Don’t Use Gimmicks: A resume should be direct and to the point. Avoid gimmicks, like a strange font or a paper color other than white.
1530 Rock City Way, Athens, GA 11111
Innovative camp counselor with a flexible approach to providing campers the best experience possible. Skilled at creating activities and altering the daily agenda to meet the needs of both the campers and program directors. Optimistic counselor who believes each camper comes to a program with unique needs and strengths. Seeking camp that fosters an individualized approach to a successful summer.
Experience working with elementary through high school students
Ability to help campers feel comfortable and cared for
Certifications in lifeguarding, wilderness first aid and powerboat safety
Background in overseeing up to 14 campers
Attention to detail in record keeping
Exceptional recruiting skills during the off seasons
Contributions to professional camp magazine
Good oral and written communication skills
Training and supervising new hires
6/1/2012 – 8/1/2015
Heiter Girls’ Camp – Athens, GA
Worked four summers as staff camp counselor.
Created activities and led motivational seminars.
Participated in interviews and trained new hires.
Worked in office during off seasons, maintaining office operations.
Participated in recruitment at schools and other institutions.
Helped prepare girls for academic and creative pursuits.
Led team-building and self-esteem exercises.
Named 2014 Camp Counselor of the Summer.
6/1/2011 – 8/1/2011
Athens Elite Summer Camp – Athens, GA
Helped campers get a head start on academic expectations for the following school year.
Provided supplementary learning objectives to help prepare campers for honors classes.
Fostered teamwork and leadership among campers.
Counseled campers one-on-one in weekly sessions to go over goals and objectives.
Kept records of student progress for parents and managers.
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
Bishop College, Athens, GA
More Customer Service Resume Templates:
- Amusement Parks
- Call Center
- Contemporary Camp Counselor
- Entry Level Camp Counselor Guide
- Entry Level Cruise Ships
- Entry Level Customer Service Representative
- Experienced Customer Service Representative
- Guest Relations
- Gym Receptionist
- Professional Camp Counselor Guide
- Traditional Camp Counselor Guide