Stand out from the other candidates with an eye-catching resume that introduces you as a knowledgeable, experienced self-starter. Go to the head of the line by following the format offered in our free creative maintenance technician resume template and guide. When you use our tips to highlight your skills and strengths, the resume you create will make an excellent first impression with potential employers.Create ResumeCustomize Resume
What to Include in a Creative Maintenance Technician Resume
When you craft your creative maintenance technician resume, be sure to show how well your experience dovetails with the duties of the position to which you’re applying. Use words strategically. Use simple language that is easy to understand. Think of synonyms and adjectives you can use to describe your skills and catch the reader’s interest. Your resume format should begin with your contact information placed at the top of the page. Create a summary that provides a brief overview of your abilities. Next comes the highlights section listing your best skills and achievements followed by the experience section where you can add more detail. Finally, you will provide information about your education.
Common Resume Fails: Mistakes to Avoid
- Leaving the Most Important Skills to Last: If you want to shine, put your most significant skills up front in your summary section or in highlights.
- Typos: Proofread your finished product carefully to make sure there are no spelling errors. While you’re at it, check your formatting to ensure bullets and paragraphs are aligned correctly.
- Exaggeration: Be absolutely honest. Do not embellish or exaggerate any information in your resume.
- Sending Out Exact Resumes: Avoid duplication. Make sure that every resume you create is unique and targeted to a specific job opening.
- Omitting Keywords: When you craft your resume, be sure to add keywords that relate to your field of work. Many hiring managers will go to online resume databases to find good candidates for job openings. Using keywords will help draw attention to your resume and improve your chances for being hired.
- Too Long: Hiring managers do not like to spend precious time reading long, drawn-out resumes. Keep yours to the preferred length: one page.
345 East Tiverton Avenue, Encinitas, CA 11111
Accomplished and energetic maintenance professional with background in performing a wide variety of building maintenance services and repairs. Recognized for professional standards. Accustomed to working independently but also perform well as a team player. Excellent supervisory skills. Looking to expand duties as lead maintenance technician in a resort environment.
General building maintenance and repair experience
Cabinetry, door and paneling installation skills
Grounds maintenance expertise
Ability to perform mechanical systems repair
Familiarity with motorized equipment operation and servicing
Knowledge of state safety practices and ensure compliance
Excellent work ethic
Interact well with both management and coworkers
7/1/2010 – Current
Windswept Timeshare Village – Carlsbad, CA
Perform general building maintenance services and repairs.
Monitor and maintain all building systems.
Provide direction for two groundskeepers.
Maintain motorized lawn equipment.
Repair leaks and replace components on malfunctioning plumbing equipment.
Conduct HVAC repairs.
Complete payroll time sheets and submit to Property Manager.
Ensure safety standards are met.
Maintain courteous, professional manner with residents, vendors and contractors.
Assistant Maintenance Technician
6/1/2007 – 6/1/2010
El Camino Real Assisted Living – Encinitas, CA
Performed general building maintenance services and repairs.
Painted interior walls and cabinets.
Mowed lawns, maintained flower beds, and pruned trees.
Operated and maintained motorized lawn equipment.
Assisted supervisor with plumbing and HVAC repairs.
Updated safety procedures manual.
Encinitas Canyon High School, Encinitas, CA
High School Diploma 2007 (GPA 3.2)
Oak Crest Junior College, Vista, CA
Continuing Education, Facilities Maintenance 2009