What It’s Like to Work In the Personal Services Field
The personal services field is made up of a whole host of various jobs, including test preparation, counseling, legal, daycare, accounting, automotive repair, lawn care, and rental services. As a result, the job description for working in the personal services field varies widely. All people employed in the field of personal service seek to help and serve their customers and clients, but the way in which they do so varies. People in this field generally work with and for other people, and they may get little to no thanks in return, depending on the job.
Benefits of Working in the Personal Services Field
The main benefit of working in the personal services field is simply the satisfaction that employees get from helping other people and making a difference. Employees in the personal services field work to improve their customers’ lives and circumstances, and this can be very rewarding.
Depending on the job, other benefits of working in the personal services field may include: the challenge, the sense of accomplishment, and pride in one’s job. Many jobs in the personal service field offer flexible hours with room for advancement. The jobs are generally very abundant, and employees are able to find work pretty much anywhere they wish to live. Most of these jobs can be held part-time, full-time, or seasonally, and it’s easy to transition between jobs, if needed. Furthermore, some of these jobs require little advanced training, education, or certifications.
Why You Need a Personal Services Resume
While work in the personal services field may be abundant, this doesn’t mean that employers aren’t picky about who they hire. A quality professional services resume is a great way to set yourself apart as an ideal candidate so you can land the job you love. Your personal services resume will list all of your prior experience, your skills, and your life experiences that make you perfect for the job so employers will want to hire you over the competition.
Personal Services Resume Templates
- Entry Level Beauty Resume Templates
- Entry Level Housekeeping Resume Templates
- Entry Level Wedding and Event Planning Resume Templates
- Fitness and Personal Training
How to write a Personal Services Resume
- Start by listing your professional accomplishments – Grab a separate piece of paper and craft a list of your Personal Services career accomplishments.
- View Personal Services resume samples to get started – Use our vast collection of resume samples to find one that can serve as a good resource for your resume writing.
- Craft a compelling header at the top of your Personal Services resume – Include your name, email address, phone number, and a personal website (if you have one) at the top.
- Craft a strong summary statement – Compose a summary statement that showcases your skills, accomplishments, and your overall professional character. Make sure that it aligns with the needs expressed in the job description.
- Detail your skills in a qualifications or areas of expertise section – Underneath the summary statement on your Personal Services resume, list specific skills that you hold that pertain to the job.
- Showcase your Personal Services experience in a work history section – Add all relevant jobs. Include your title, the name of the company, and the dates of your employment.
- Take a deep dive into your Personal Services work history – Add a list under each job that covers your duties and accomplishments. Look over your brainstorm from point #1 to assist with this. Think about the job description as you decide what to include.
- Present your education – Give your reader an understanding of your educational background by including your highest degree or diploma, where you obtained it, and what year you got it.