- Take out the job description and write down the 5 key job skills and responsibilities that they are looking for.
- Now list 5 – 10 things that you’ve done that either match directly or can be a transferable skill (something you’ve already done that uses the same abilities as those they want).
- Pick the 3 – 5 things you’ve done that provide the strongest evidence that you match what the employer is looking for.
- Review your resume to see if those 3 – 5 things stand out, meaning they are easily seen and absorbed in a moment’s glance.
- If any of these things need more emphasis, adjust your resume to make sure an employer can see them quickly and make the connection.
More articles you might enjoy: