So where was she finding networking contacts?Before we get to her solution, you might be wondering how she was finding people to connect with. She filled me in on all the things she’d been doing, including:
- attending a local conference related to her interest
- finding alumni working in that field
- pursuing names she was given or found online using LinkedIn, etc.
- continuing to look for new potential networking allies
- following up with contacts by providing updates of her progress
Networking contacts spreadsheet (template)And now as promised..To solve her problem, my client decided to create a spreadsheet to help her remember whom she contacted and when. This will help her know when it’s time to follow up.I love the idea so much, I put together my own sample for Career Nook readers. Of course, adjust it to your own needs. Hope this helps!
[Property Career Nook. Not to be copied or distributed without permission.]