A job in the construction industry can be a very secure and lucrative position. Whether you’re looking for work as a laborer, crane operator, or civil engineer, you’ll be able to enjoy the benefits of the growth in this industry. Whenever you see a population area thats growing, you can be guaranteed that there’s a boost in the number of construction resumes circulating around the area.
What it’s Like to Work in the Construction Field
When you work in the construction field, you’re at the forefront of innovation and growth in an area. Your day starts with examining the project drawings to determine what needs to be done for the day, and then it’s off to the job site itself. While a crane operator and laborer might have completely different daily tasks, both professions still reap the benefits of working outdoors and getting involved in physical labor on a regular basis.
Benefits of Working in the Construction Field
A job in the construction industry includes competitive pay, benefits, and on-the-job training. In most cases, the employers pay for your certifications and any kind of licensing you may need. Best of all, you get to work outdoors and point to a tangible project that you successfully brought to life (i.e. a new housing development or childrens park).
Why You Need A Resume
Your construction resume can be an instant ticket to anywhere companies need professionals with your skills. If you want to improve your chances of getting a construction job quickly, then it’s important to include a comprehensive list of the equipment you can operate and the certifications that you hold. When you give the hiring manager an updated and complete construction resume, then it’s easier for that manager to help you advance your career.
Construction Resume Templates
- Audio Visual Technicians Resume Templates
- Brick and Cement Masons Resume Templates
- Building Inspectors Resume Templates
- Carpenters Resume Templates
- Carpet , Tile and Floor Resume Templates
- Construction Equipment Operators Resume Templates
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Resume Templates
- Roofers Resume Templates
- Highway Maintenance Resume Templates
- Insulation Resume Templates
- Metal Workers Resume Templates
- Painters Resume Templates
- Plasterers Resume Templates
- Construction Laborers Resume Templates
- Construction Management Resume Templates
- Construction Trades Resume Templates
- Drywall Resume Templates
- Electricians Resume Templates
- Extraction and Mining Resume Templates
How to write a Construction Resume
- List your accomplishments – On a piece of scratch paper, write down all of your amazing accomplishments and career highlights.
- Look at Construction resume samples for reference – Browse through our resume samples to find one that can guide you as you make your own.
- Design a header to place at the top of your Construction resume – Craft a header with aesthetics and practicality in mind. Include the following: your name, phone number, email address, and personal website (if applicable).
- Craft a strong summary statement – Make a brief statement that covers the most important elements of your professional self. Cover your achievements and areas of expertise. Check the job description to make sure it aligns with your statement.
- Include your skills in a qualifications or areas of expertise section – Next, make a list of your professional abilities for your Construction resume. Ensure that each talent is applicable to the job description.
- Outline your work history on your resume – List the jobs you’ve had in reverse chronological order. Write the dates you worked, the position you held, and the name of the company.
- Take a deep dive into your Construction work history – Go back to the list you created in step one. Using this, make a short list of your responsibilities and successes at each job. Relate it to the needs expressed in the job description.
- Tack on your education section – Think of the highest degree or diploma you received. Write the name of the degree or diploma you obtained, where you got it, and the year you graduated (or will graduate).