An interview is your opportunity to prove that you are the right person for the job and knowing how to ace an interview will improve your chances of being chosen for the position available. Make the right moves and you have a good chance of landing that new job. Make the wrong moves and you’ll lose your chance to make a good first impression and convince the interviewer that you are the one prefect for the job.
Knowing how to ace an interview includes everything from preparing for the interview to knowing how to end it correctly. Here are some tips:
• Gather information about the employer and find out exactly what the company does. You should know as much as possible about the company, its past and any future plans that have been announced. It will show that you have a genuine interest in the company itself and that will make a great impression. You should also know as much about the position you’re applying for as possible.
• Prepare for the interview by learning about the different types of interviews and what type of questions you can expect to be asked. Go over the different questions and take time to think about how you would answer them if asked during the interview. This will help you think faster and respond to the questions you’re asked much quicker, which is an excellent quality.
• Get plenty of rest the night before your interview. Dress appropriately and wear jewelry in moderation. Be properly groomed and don’t wear heavy perfume or cologne.
• Be on time for the interview. Being on time actually means that you show up for the interview between ten to fifteen minutes before the scheduled time. You do not want to get there last minute rushing through the door nor do you want to show up thirty minutes early. Take extra copies of your resume and references in case you’re asked for them so you’ll be prepared.
• Pay attention when the interviewer introduces himself and use his name throughout the interview when it’s appropriate. If you’re told in advance who will be interviewing you, don’t forget his name.
• Stay calm and relaxed throughout the interview. If you don’t understand a question simply ask for clarification. All this proves is that you want to be thorough and make sure you completely understand the question before attempting an answer.
• Always speak clearly and pronounce your words correctly. Make complete sentences and take a few seconds to think about the question before answering to ensure you understand it completely. Keep your answers brief but informative and never interrupt the interviewer.
• End the interview with a handshake and a ‘Thank You’. Follow up immediately with a personal thank you note and a brief statement that reiterates your interest in the job position you were interviewed for.
The job market is very competitive and you need to make the most of every opportunity you get to make a good impression and knowing how to ace an interview is a very good start. It could be the one thing that gets you a second chance to prove you have the qualifications needed to fill the position.
More Sample Job Interview Articles:
- How To Ace An Interview
- How To Dress For An Interview
- How To Prepare For An Interview
- Illegal Interview Questions
- Informational Interview
- Interpreting The Thank You Letter From The Interviewers Perspective
- Interview Answers
- Interview Attire For Men
- Interview Attire For Women
- Interview Follow Up Email
- Interview Follow Up
- Interview Outfits
- Interview Questions For Employers
- Interview Questions
- Interview Skills