This kind of job is requested by young people, in summer season or in vacation, with the main objective of gain some money and insert to the labor market.
Several companies offer this kind of job opportunities. Many of these companies are involved in hotels, tourism, fast food etc.
When you apply for a part-time job, you should take care and review this useful information: how to apply for a part-time job, how to prepare your resume, how you should dress and what are the advantages and disadvantages of applied for a part-time job.
Advantages and Disadvantages
- You are going to have free time.
- If you are studying you will be able to organize your time.
- If you are working for first time, you will learn how to be responsible.
- Some companies provide a complete benefits package.
- Some companies do not provide a complete benefits package.
- You will earn less money than full-time job.
- Many companies do not offer growth employment when you are in a part-time job
Some companies do not ask for a resume and cover letter to apply to this kind of jobs, but always is important have our resume prepared. You should take note to the next advices:
- Take care of your appearance. The first impression sometimes is a decisive factor for the recruiters. We recommend dress in clothing appropriate. You must offer an unblemished image. You could use casual clothing. Depending about the company you must know how to wear.
- You should prepare your answers, the most common questions are:
- Tell me about your self
- What do you do in your free time?
- Do you have experience in this kind of job?
- Why should we hire you?
- Are you applying for other job?
- How many hours do you want to work?
- Many recruiters hire their new staff in schools, universities and colleges when they are on vacation. The possibility of get a part-time job is very easy, several companies need young people.
- Try to be honest every time, in your resume, in the interview. It will be important to have good habits in the future.
- You will not need a spectacular resume, the most important for this kind of jobs, is your personal information and your free time.
How to apply for a part-time job
It’s an easy task if you take note to these advices. The majority of these job opportunities have a short duration, the average time is three or six months.
The most common part-time jobs are:
- Product endorsers, several companies require this service.
- Babysitters, in agencies.
- Crews in cafes, in fast food restaurants, in airports, etc.
- Freelancing nowadays is one of the most required.
- Waiters, in almost all restaurants and bars.
- Library Assistants, this job is very quiet and easy.
- Receptionist is one of the most common part-time job opportunities.
- Salesperson is the most common and required job in department stores.