What It’s Like to Work In the Real Estate Industry
Real estate can be a very enjoyable and rewarding job. You get to help people, see great houses, work flexible hours, and make as much or as little as you want. Real estate agents spend their days finding and working with clients to help them find just the perfect home for them. They walk their clients through the home buying process and help them with all the closing paperwork at the end. Real estate can be stressful, with hard-to-please customers, an unpredictable paycheck, and a lack of benefits, but many real estate agents find their jobs very rewarding.
Benefits of Working in the Real Estate Industry
Here are a few of the top benefits of the real estate industry:
– Flexible Hours: Real estate agents set their own hours and work as much or as little as they want to. They can work full time or part time, and they can choose whether or not they will work nights and weekends.
– Flexible Location: Real estate agents can live and work wherever they choose. They aren’t limited to certain areas of the country, and they are free to move around whenever they please.
– Unlimited Growth Opportunities: There’s no cap on a real estate agent’s pay. With enough hard work and effort, agents can make as much or as little as they want.
– Independent Work: Real estate agents work for themselves. They don’t have to share an office with anyone, they decide their own schedules, they find their own clients, and they do their own marketing.
Why You Need a Real Estate Resume
Choosing the right real estate agent is a big step for prospective homeowners, and having a quality real estate resume can help clients trust and pick you. A real estate resume lists your qualifications, certifications, and skills, establishing you as a professional that people can trust and hire. Having a quality resume will increase your chances of attracting better clients and of making larger sales with greater commissions.
Real Estate Resume Templates
How to write a Real Estate Resume
1. Begin by brainstorming your achievements
On a piece of scratch paper, write down all of your amazing accomplishments and career highlights.
2. View Real Estate resume samples to get started
Browse through our resume samples to find one that can guide you as you make your own.
3. Craft a compelling header at the top of your Real Estate resume
Provide your name, email address, phone number, and personal website (if applicable). Make sure it’s readable, but doesn’t take up too much space.
4. Craft a strong summary statement
Make a brief statement that covers the most important elements of your professional self. Cover your achievements and areas of expertise. Check the job description to make sure it aligns with your statement.
5. Make a list of your skills in a relevant section
Right below your summary statement, make a list of your best Real Estate skills. Make sure they apply to the job description.
6. Dive into your work history as a Real Estate
List the jobs you’ve had in reverse chronological order. Write the dates you worked, the position you held, and the name of the company.
7. Provide a succinct description of your time at each job.
Under each entry, write a bulleted explanation of your responsibilities and accomplishments at those jobs. Review the job description and the list you made in step one as you do so.
8. Tack on your education section
Remember to include the highest degree or diploma you obtained. Include the name of the school and the year you got it (or will get it).