Create a resume that gives you an edge over all other candidates. Using our free entry level technical support resume template enables you to market yourself more effectively to potential employers. An entry level resume is best for when you are applying to jobs for which you have little to no experience. Read our entry level template so you can learn more about how it may help you to achieve your goals.
What to Include in an Entry Level Technical Support Resume
Establishing your candidacy for the position you are applying for should be your main goal when creating an entry level technical support resume. Your experience or lack of experience does not have to be a barrier in this field. Highlight any relevant internships and activities along with any experience you do have. Be sure to include specific information in your resume that makes you an asset to potential employers.
Common Resume Fails: Mistakes to Avoid
- Making Embellishments: Companies want employees who are unique, honest and driven. You may lack experience, but just emphasize all of your relevant skills and knowledge to make your resume more marketable.
- Using Paragraphs: Prevent boring the head hunters with paragraphs. Your resume needs to be formatted properly so that it is easy to read and scan through. Use bullets so that potential employers can find the details they need as soon as possible.
- Failing to Identify With Audience: Write your resume with the job you want in mind. Feel free to use proper and common language that professionals in the technical field use as long as you understand what it means.
- Lack of Keywords: Make your resume easier for employers to find by incorporating keywords into your resume. Any keywords or phrases you use should be relevant to the company and position you are applying for.
- Mentioning Nonessential Skills: Employers are only interested in skills that are relevant to the position they are recruiting for. Be sure to focus on skills that are pertinent to the position.
753 West Haven Street, Detroit, MI 11111
Industrial technical representative with familiarity in hardware and peripherals support. Adept at wireless configurations, support and troubleshooting. Adaptable to different working environments and flexible enough to meet goals and deadlines. Looking for an opportunity to enhance experience and skills with an innovative telecommunications organization.
Proficient in Java, C and C++
Interned at Tech Squad
Flexible team collaborator
Customer service skills
Great verbal and written communication skills
Organization and multitasking skills
Driven to succeed
Warm and engaging personality
Tech Squad – Ferndale, MI
1/14/2016 – 6/15/2016
Answered customer inquiries about PCs and mobile devices.
Documented customer concerns and filed them away.
Installed software updates and upgrades.
Removed malware from electronic devices.
Inspected and diagnosed connectivity issues on customer cell phones.
Upsold and activated cellphones and mobile devices.
Switched data services for customers’ upgrades to new PCs and electronic devices.
Vice President Technology Club
Minkent High School – Rochester, MI
1/13/2016 – 5/15/2016
Presided over biweekly meetings with president and in absence of president.
Maintained up-to-date knowledge of all technologies and regulations for organization.
Monitored club activities and events.
Organized projects in database and monitored club PCs for issues.
Installed and updated club software and PCs.
Installed and ran weekly assessments of antivirus on PCs.
Coordinated with school technology department on hardware migrations and upgrades.
Created and managed club initiatives for senior citizen tech instruction community service program.
Minkent High School, Rochester, MI
High School Diploma, 2016 (GPA: 3.8)
Honors: National Honor Society and Salutatorian