Creating a quality resume is an important first step when you become serious about finding the job you want. It provides a hiring manager with first impressions not only about your skills and abilities, but also whether you appear to be in harmony with the company culture and suited for the position that needs to be filled. Our free professional maintenance technician resume template will give you a head start in becoming the ideal candidate for the job you have in mind.
What to Include in a Traditional Maintenance Technician Resume
Take your time in crafting a professional maintenance technician resume to be sure you are including the types of skills a hiring manager is looking for. A brief but well-worded summary of your abilities and experience should follow your contact information. Next comes the highlights section, where you can list pertinent skills as bullet points. The bullet points continue in the experience section. Here you can present the most relevant points of your work experience in more detail. You want to catch the reader’s attention quickly, so remember to start your bulleted lists with the most important information concerning your skills and experience.
Common Resume Fails: Mistakes to Avoid
- Exaggeration: Everything you state in your resume should be absolutely true and factual. Stay away from exaggerating your skills and abilities.
- Lack of focus: The information on your resume should speak directly to the kind of position for which you are applying. Avoid filler-type information, such as outside interests, that has no bearing on the job.
- Typos: Make your resume an easy read with a simple, streamlined format and no typing errors. Proofread your finished product carefully before you submit.
- Too long: Respect the fact that the hiring manager is a busy person and keep your resume to one page. Interviewers give mental points for a short, well-written resume.
- Listing References: There was a time when jobseekers put at least three references directly on their resumes as a matter of course. This is now considered unprofessional, so a list of references is one less thing you need to add.
4221 Palmetto Way, Bradenton, FL 11111
Hard-working, personable maintenance technician with more than eight years of experience offers a variety of skilled work in building and grounds maintenance. Specialist in air-conditioning and heating repairs. Accustomed to working independently and being on call for emergency situations. Looking forward to greater responsibilities in a company that requires an experienced self-starter.
Commercial building maintenance and repairs
HVAC maintenance and repairs
Grounds work expertise
Operation and maintenance of a variety of tools and equipment
Understanding of state and local building codes and regulations
Knowledge of state safety practices compliance
Excellent work ethic
9/1/2011 – Current
Tamiami Community Complex – Bradenton FL
Perform general building maintenance and repairs.
Maintain and repair HVAC system.
Replace malfunctioning plumbing components.
Hire and supervise subcontractors as groundskeepers and painters.
Prioritize and schedule work assignments.
Use computer program to keep maintenance records and keep track of daily work schedule.
Ensure that compliance with building codes and regulations is enforced.
Consistently meet schedules and timelines.
Interact courteously and professionally with employees, day workers and visitors.
Assistant Maintenance Technician
6/1/2008 – 9/1/2011
Tamiami Community Complex – Bradenton, FL
Assisted in maintenance of three large buildings as well as grounds.
Assisted supervisor in plumbing and HVAC repairs.
Painted walls, doors and cabinets.
Performed lawn mowing, edging, weeding and various other landscaping duties.
Operated and maintained motorized lawn equipment.
Operated and repaired assigned tools and equipment.
Assisted supervisor in computerized record-keeping duties.
Associate Degree, Air-Conditioning and Heating System Maintenance
Bradenton Junior College