When youre trying to get hired for a shift supervisor position, one method is to craft a solid resume that delivers information effectively. If the type of company you are applying to has a reputation of high professionalism, then you may need to create a resume that reflects a professional style. A professional shift supervisor resume allows your skills, experience and education to shine through and conveys your suitability for the position. Its important that your job skills all prove that youre ready to take on a new challenge. Here are some best practices when writing a professional resume for a shift supervisor job.
What to Include in a Professional Shift Supervisor Resume
One way to ensure your resume gets taken seriously is to write it in a succinct, professional tone. Set up your resume to have a summary, a section of highlighted accomplishments, job experiences and education history. Uses words and phrases that convey the results you have achieved. The best professional resumes can showcase your talents, so the employer takes the next step to offer you an interview. Employers looking for shift supervisors want to make sure potential applicants are going to be able to handle the extra responsibility, so styling your resume in a professional manner can help you prove this.
Common Resume Fails: Mistakes to Avoid
- Too Much Personal Information: Professional resumes designed for shift supervisors need to avoid including information about your hobbies, interests or other irrelevant details.
- Distracting Look: With a professional style, pick a muted design for your resume. Dont add obnoxious images or fancy fonts that may make you look unprofessional.
- Overlooked Mistakes: With shift supervisor positions, there may be many additional applicants in competition. Dont give a hiring manager a reason to discard your resume by making mistakes on your document.
- Too General: You shouldnt create a cookie-cutter resume that can be used in variety of industries. Be sure to focus your professional resume for the specific company and job to give yourself a better chance.
- Readability Problems: Instead of writing your resume in paragraphs, stick to helpful text formatting such as bullets and lists. These are the things that most professional resumes do, and can help make your information easier to read.
91 Bear Lane, Denver, CO 11111
Shift supervisor with a solid record of success in the coffee shop setting. Strong ability to provide excellent customer service. Experience working with many types of cash register systems. Skilled with working with others and helping team members achieve their highest potential. Ready to join a team of coffee shop workers as a shift leader.
Ability to narrow in on the details
Conversational and approachable
Able to handle multiple jobs at once
Positive part of a team
Strong communication ability
Strength working with customers
Able to work with tough issues
Focus on a neat workspace
Dedication to quality food and drinks
4/1/2012 ? 8/1/2013
Java the Hut ? Denver, CO
Kept up with the constant orders of a demanding and busy store
Helped increase upselling to 24%
Contributed to health department cleanliness scores of 100%
Provided a positive and friendly customer experience
Followed specific food and drink guidelines
Worked the cash register with team members
Barista Team Leader
9/1/2013 ? Present
The CrÃ¨me of the CrÃ¨me ? Denver, CO
Leader of a small group of employees in a coffee shop
Navigated time-off requests and conflicts while writing weekly shift schedule
Demonstrated accuracy with solid sales numbers
Helped boost sales in the late afternoon by 28%
Contributed to accurate money handling procedures
Designed new opening and closing processes
Interviewed potential barista applicants
Worked with new employees to model ideal work habits
Bachelor of Science in Finance
Colorado State University, Boulder, CO