Jobseekers must craft their resumes to reflect their specific experiences and the position they are seeking. Likewise, you may need to adapt your resume style depending on the type of company you aim to work for. Older organizations that have been in business for a long time may prefer a traditional resume style. That means you need to stick to the information and present your details without adding any dramatic flair. Here are some ways you can craft your resume to reflect a companys traditional values.
What to Include in a Traditional Shift Supervisor Resume
When you have found a potential job opening and the company is a long, storied organization with a solid history over many years, you may need to write a traditional-style resume. Get right to the point without adding any excess verbiage with this type of resume. Let your shift supervisor experiences and skills speak for themselves. The hiring manager who reads your resume simply wants to know all of the details without any cute or unnecessary extras. An ideal traditional resume includes your career highlights, your job experience and your education. Make sure your highlights and experiences are specifically directed to the job youre trying to secure. That way, you can get selected for an interview and get closer to landing the job.
Common Resume Fails: Mistakes to Avoid
- Too Much Detail: Make sure your resume doesnt go beyond the typical one-page standard. Traditional companies are less likely to welcome excessive information in your document.
- Unusual Design: For a traditional resume, keep your design simple and clean. Avoid flashy graphics or dramatic elements that look like youre not taking the position seriously.
- Failing to Proofread: Companies with a reputation for excellence wont appreciate if you make grammatical errors in your resume. Be sure that youve spent a good time proofreading your document in order to avoid this common pitfall.
- Exaggerating Your Accomplishments: Companies that have a longstanding, traditional background may be more likely to verify your claims in your resume. Its a bad idea to lie or exaggerate your career highlights, so be sure you are truthful throughout your application.
- Unorthodox Format: When writing about your education, experience and skills, avoid the temptation to veer off the typical resume format. Stick to the basic method of resume writing to be more successful when applying to traditional companies.
7395 Martin Way, Las Vegas, NV 11111
Experienced and hardworking barista shift supervisor. Excellent customer service skills and solid leadership ability. Proficiency with cash register systems and computerized point of sale registers. Helpful and motivating to team members in a coffee shop atmosphere. Seeking a position as a shift supervisor in a fast-paced food service environment.
Strong attention to detail
Excellent work ethic
Friendly and personable
Ability to prioritize tasks
Cash handling experience
Amazing communication skills
Dedicated customer service skills
Precise and organized
Scores of 98% or higher on food and beverage quality
8/1/2013 ? 10/1/2014
Coffee Time ? Las Vegas, NV
Served coffee and food in a top-performing store
Upsold extras to 30% of customers
Maintained a clean working environment
Delivered friendly service with satisfaction rates of at least 95%
Prepared sandwiches and drinks following specific company recipes
Ran a computerized cash register during shifts
Barista Shift Supervisor
10/1/2014 ? present
The Bean Company ? Las Vegas, NV
Led a team of four baristas during busy shifts
Created a weekly schedule for employees
Maintained an accurate record of sales
Increased business by 27% during the afternoon
Ensured money handling accuracy before, during and after shifts
Worked with management to develop goals and procedures
Assisted in barista hiring by conducting interviews
Trained new employees using company literature and methods
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Trent University, Modesto, CA