Graphic Designer Resume Tips
A resume is the sure shot key to your success. If as a graphics designer, your resume comes across as weak and lacking information, you’ll stand a lesser chance of landing the position or deal you want.
This sample graphic designer resume will give you a kick start on building an optimized resume for your job application. Visitors can feel free to customize and edit our sample designer resume as per their requirement for job application. We hope that our sample designer resume will go a long way in portraying your abilities and skill sets efficiently and to the core of your abilities
The following guidelines can be followed when sending hardcopy resumes that will be scanned:
- Mail an original copy without folds or staples. A faxed resume may not be easy to scan.
- Avoid graphics, underlining, italics, shading and bold.
- Avoid tabs.
- Parenthesis, horizontal or vertical lines and brackets will not scan properly.
- Avoid using compressed lines of print.
- Use sans serif font in size 10-14.
Graphic Designer Resume Template
Contact Information :
- Full name
- Permanent addresses
- Telephone/Mobile numbers
- Email address
Objective: Short and brisk statement that includes position that is in hold along with relevant skills. Position as a senior creative graphics designer in an advertising agency
Education : In reverse chronological order required information includes:
- Degree(s) and major
- Date of graduation (month and year)
- Universities you attended
- Location of universities (city and state)
- Any certifications of licenses related to your degree
Special Skills : This includes computer and language skills. May also include job specific skills of any sort:
- Computer skills: List specific languages and programs
- Language skills: Specify language and your level of proficiency.
- HTML, CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop and several other Graphic Designing and Web Designing Softwares.
- Experience: Begin by listing the most recent first in the list.
- Employer name and location (city and state)
- Dates of employment
- Active description of your accomplishments and responsibilities.
Activities : You may want to list your significant community activities including organizations, clubs, student government, athletics, and professional affiliations. You may also use action verbs to describe your responsibilities and accomplishments just as you have done in the Experience section.
Listed below are a few important tips that can help you build an effective Graphics Designer resume providing a great opportunity to enhance your career.
Prioritize Job Duties By Importance Make a list of every relevant duty that you perform on the job. Then prioritize your list, starting with the most important and ending with the least important.
Market Your Top Skills To advance your career, focus on your best skills. Few of them are listed below that can be used as headings in your clerical resume. For example: Art Direction, Computer document files support service, direct art freelancers
Apply For Positions That Match Your Highest Skills: Using strong language skills and describing the full range of your potentials makes employers take a fresh look at your value to their company and results in upward career growth.
Take On Higher Level Job Duties Keep an eye for duties in your organization that can help you expand your resume and your value to the company. Even though you may only perform such duties for a small percentage of the time, they can be used as powerful headings in your resume or to convince employers that you are worthy of deserving a promotion.
See also Graphic Designer Cover Letter samples on Cover-Letter-Now.com!