Healthcare Resume Tips
Healthcare organizations are increasingly sensitive to cost control and productivity. A healthcare resume must reflect an understanding of these changes. It must show evidence of skills, experience, a commitment to quality, and an ability to evaluate yourself, your peers and your department. The healthcare professional should list all credentials, but not necessarily boast about the achievements. Typical headings in a healthcare resume include education/degrees, internships, professional experience, awards and honors, publications (books, articles, reports, journals), speaking engagements, conferences and professional affiliations.
Healthcare Resume Template
Contact Information :
- Full name
- Campus and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Objective : Your healthcare resume must include a short specific statement specifying your goal that includes position, industry, and/or relevant skills. For example “Position as a Nurse of Health Care Provider.” Summary of Qualifications : This section is recommended for experienced professionals. Present your value proposition in your healthcare resume — a narrative statement of the main reasons you should be called for an interview. For example “Health care professional with medical degree and hospital experience, combined with M.B.A. in Health Administration and management background. Proven ability to organize a health care facility and gain substantial market share in short period of time. Recognized for ability to work with very diverse clients and staff. Outstanding skills in assessing what is needed, recommending sensible solutions, and effectively motivating staff to implement them in a spirit of collaboration.” Education : List most recent degree first.
- Name of institution, city and state
- Degree, major and year awarded
- GPA (optional)
Skills : Describe your skills using job related keywords. For example Computer/Tech skills like software and program expertise, especially if it is related to healthcare. Your technical skills can be listed in a separate Technical Summary section or within the context of another achievement. For example, “developed and implemented patient status/tracking system using MS Access.” Experience : When describing your work history and accomplishments, use an abundance of buzzwords or keywords to get noticed :
Activities : Campus and community activities, Memberships in professional organizations. Personal : Certifications, security clearances, patents, special awards, citizenship. Typical headings that you may use include : education/degrees, internships, professional experience, awards and honors, publications (books, articles, reports, journals), speaking engagements, conferences and professional affiliations. Include software and program expertise, if it is related to healthcare. Your technical skills can be listed in a separate Technical Summary section or within the context of another achievement. For example, “developed and implemented patient status/tracking system using MS Access.” Some items to be kept in mind are :
- Don’t use too many Industry-Specific Initials
- Show your clinical skills as well as any other administrative or managerial skills you have.
- Highlight your accomplishments and unusual experiences. It’s not necessary to detail your daily duties.
- If you did the same job at multiple hospitals, there’s no need to list every single one. Put them all under one heading and describe your duties.
- List pertinent education, but not necessarily every conference you’ve attended.
- Include experiences you’ve had other than in the healthcare field. This will help show your diversity.
Available Sample Resumes
- Healthcare Administrator Resume Sample
- Healthcare Administrator Resume Template
- Healthcare Analyst Resume Sample
- Healthcare Healthcare Analyst Resume Template
- Healthcare Management Resume Sample
- Healthcare Management Resume Template
- Healthcare Project Manager Resume Sample
- Healthcare Project Manager Resume Template
- Healthcare Sales Associate Resume Sample
- Healthcare Sales Manager Resume Sample
- Healthcare Sales Rep Resume Sample
- Healthcare Sales Representative Resume Sample
- Sample Healthcare Resume 1 Sample
- Sample Healthcare Resume 2 Sample
- Sample Healthcare Resume 3 Sample