To Seek the Position of Hotel Manager
SUMMARY: Top notch Manager with experience in day-to-day management of hotel and its staff with commercial accountability for planning, organizing and directing all hotel services, including front office (reception, concierge, and reservation), banqueting and housekeeping.
Summary of Qualifications
- Total eight years experience.
- Complete knowledge of hotels operations.
- Outstanding oral, written and training communication skills
- Unparalleled guest relations skills especially in creating “special touches” and resolving Guest requests and concerns.
- Strong analytical skills including trend analysis and the ability to develop innovative tactics to resolve problems.
- Excellent eye for details, can carry out actions to improve the appearance of the property, and employees as well as establish relevant actions that meet guest’s expectations.
- Positive and upbeat approach to employee relations and guest complaints.
- Strong computer skills especially word processing, hotel operating systems and spreadsheet creation.
- Remarkable ability to ensure proper selection, training,motivation and counseling of all employees.
Excellence Hotels & Towers, Minneapolis, MN 2002 – Present
- Plan the accommodation, catering along with other hotel services.
- Promote and market the business.
- Assume authority for the hotel in the absence of the General Manager and serve as Assistant General Manager for all operations within the hotel.
- Ensure that every department head is aware of operational goals and hence is made aware of the necessary tools.
- Manage budgets as well as financial plans.
- Maintain statistical-financial records.
- Recruit and monitor relevant staff for their specific operations.
- Plan work schedules as per requirement.
- Meet as well as greet customers.
- Deal with customer queries and complaints.
- Address customer problems as well as troubleshoot.
- Ensure events and conferences run without interruption.
- Supervise the supplies and furnishings.
- Deal with the contractors and suppliers.
Excellence Hotels & Towers, Minneapolis, MN 2000 – 2002
- Completed important aspects of general administration, like weekly and monthly stock and consumption account, guest-list, bed book etc, as required by Management.
- Prepared household staff rotas and duties.
- Ensured that Excellence Hotels operates to the highest standards required by management.
- In liaison with Management, completed the induction of all the newly appointed household staff.
- Ensured that all household staff and other staff comply with Excellence Hotels policies, e.g. fire, safety precautions etc.
Excellence Hotels & Towers, Minneapolis, MN
1998 – 2000
Management Trainee (under supervision)
- Managed the daily operations of the Hotel including Conference Management, Rooms, Housekeeping, Leadership & Training, Reservations, Retail, Engineering, Spa, as well as other functions as assigned.
- Monitored the performance of the Hotel operational teams.
- Provided assistance to aid executive committee department heads in achieving their short and long-term objectives.
- Implemented Hotel insurance policies, procedures and the overall operation philosophy.
- Assigned budgets to ensure that profitable goals for the Hotel were met.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
State University of New York, Bufallo (1998)