- Successfully conducted litigation in a variety of high-profile cases.
- Achieved favorable resolution of complex, often difficult to win cases.
- Practiced before administrative boards and arbitrators.
- Attained numerous credits in all phases of civil litigation in state and federal courts.
Barnham And Haynes, Washington, D.C.
Senior Associate, January 1996 – Present
Represented a diverse group of clients in civil litigation matters. Met with clients and developed trial strategy based on clients needs and recommendations. Litigated each case in full. Consistently achieved favorable results for clients, including two verdicts in which the settlement exceeded $2 million.
Bayne And Associates, Baltimore, MD
Associate Attorney, August 1990 – January 1996
Member of trial team that successfully defended Norton Co. in it’s $6 million coverage litigation. Prepared and argued motions. Defended depositions. Drafted settlement conference brief.
J.D., Yale Law School, New Haven, CT
Activities: Editor of Law Review
Coach, Yale Debate Society
B.A., History And Government, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Beikney Award for most outstanding thesis in history.
National Finalst, Expemporaneous Speaking, AFA
- Member of the Bar, State of Virginia, admitted 1990
- Contributor, The Western Law Review Consultant, Equity And Legal Assistance Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors, YMCA’s of Greater D.C.
- Member, Virginia NARL Board