100 Broadway Lane
New Parkland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Detail-oriented and organized hospital secretary with strong medical terminology and health care provider collaboration skillsets. Able to remain focused and efficient in the most hectic of medical environments. Expert level accomplishment in Microsoft Office and typical position-associated computer programs.
- Highly organized professional
- Medical records management
- Communicative, polished correspondences
- Strong telephone skills
- Discreet and confidentiality aware
- Typing at 100 wpm
Hospital Secretary, May 2007-October 2014
New Cityland Regional Hospital – New Cityland, CA
- Performed secretarial and clerical duties for designated personnel of responsibility, including physicians, nurses, departments and administrators.
- Supervised clerical and coordinator staff of up to ten employees, appropriating work as needed.
- Provided light accounting work within databases, accounting software environments, for expense reporting and departmental payroll.
- Answered heavy telephone traffic, directed calls as appropriate and ensured messages clearly conveyed to targeted personnel.
- Maintained inventory of administrative supplies for department.
- Interviewed patients toward completion of required documents and files.
- Developed office procedures and best practices for clerical and administrative workers.
- Maintained professional email accounts for various physicians and flagged pertinent correspondences for provider response.
- Provided light personal assisting to designated physicians, as needed or directed.
2007 Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
University of California – New Cityland, CA