100 Broadway Lane
New Parkland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Highly organized and detail-oriented medical transcriptionist with strong attention to detail, excellent grammar and efficient production as a result of over six years of transcription service. Able to work seamlessly with a variety of medical providers, personalities and equipment. Excellent medical terminology talent with a solid foundation of pediatric, psychiatric, family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology knowledge.
- 90 wpm typing
- Highly accurate proofreading
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpretation talent
- Data entry and retrieval
- EMR systems and medical software
Medical Transcriptionist, April 2009-May 2015
Cityland Regional Healthcare System – New Cityland, CA
- Initiated and maintained medical databases and records with pertinent information including x rays, laboratory tests, procedures, exams, diagnostics, medical histories, observations, admissions and discharges.
- Performed detailed transcriptions and reports for physician review, edits, signature and addition to patient files.
- Identified discrepancies or mistakes in reports and consulted with physicians for correction of information.
- Translated and corrected acronyms and abbreviations into the proper word form to ensure comprehension and alleviate confusion.
- Produced and compiled medical reports, research, correspondence, records, patient details and care, statistics and other administrative documents.
- Transcribed dictation for medical reporting such as patient history, ER visits, surgeries, chart reviews, consultation or discharge.
- Performed general medical administrative and reception duties as needed.
2009 Bachelor’s of Art, Literature
University of California-New Cityland, CA