100 Broadway Lane
New Parkland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Efficient and compassionate medical assistant or phlebotomist with extensive knowledge of phlebotomy techniques as part of background of overall patient care. Over six years as medical assistant also responsible for drawing blood, properly handling specimens and ensuring patient comfort within a growing family practice. Experienced in most widely used computer programs, medical terminologies and documents processing.
- Safe blood collection and handling
- Proper blood storage techniques
- Donor and patient care
- Medical records documentation
- Registered and licensed phlebotomist
- Basic life support (BLS) certified
Medical Assistant or Phlebotomist, March 2009-April 2015
Cityland Regional Family Practice – New Cityland, CA
- Escorted patients from waiting area into treatment rooms for doctor consultation.
- Provided phlebotomy services as directed by physician or nurse.
- Obtained blood samples for medical laboratory testing through venipuncture or capillary puncture.
- Ensured patient comfort and stress free provision of blood sampling services.
- Maintained high standard of safety and ensured all infection control policies and procedures were strictly observed.
- Cleaned, maintained and prepared blood collection equipment.
- Assisted nursing staff and other healthcare providers as needed and directed.
- Honored as Employee of the Month eight times in six years with the organization.
2007 Registered Phlebotomy Technician (RPT)
American Medical Technologists (AMT)
2007 Licensed Phlebotomist
State of California
2009 Associate of Science, Laboratory Technology
University of California-New Cityland, CA