Writing the Phlebotomist Resume Template
Any patient care role requires exceptional customer service skills, professionalism, a solid foundation of field knowledge and the ability to handle sometimes emotionally charged or physically ill individuals. The resume for hospital or clinical positions must reflect these attributes to gain the support of hiring managers. This Phlebotomist resume template adequately conveys a mix of experience and organization which hiring managers will notice.
Resume Template for Phlebotomist
Patient-centric Phlebotomist with solid background of blood and specimen handling. Dedicated to provision of quality patient care and ensuring the patient experience is unintimidating. Particularly talented in phlebotomy for children, infants, adolescents and fearful patients.
- Sample Collection
- Plasmapheresis Machine
- Infection Control
- Patient Registration
- EpicCare EMR
- Data Entry
Phlebotomist, August 2009 Present
Cityland Laboratories New Cityland, CA
- Draw patient blood according to physician orders, ensuring accuracy in labeling and care in transport.
- Responsible for approximately 50 patient specimen collections per day.
- Instruct patients in urine specimen collection and accept samples for urinalysis.
- Enter patient and results data into the EMR.
- Ensure phlebotomy cart and lab area remain organized, disinfected and clean.
Medical Receptionist, April 2005 August 2009
University Health System New Cityland, CA
- Provided front desk management for a bustling hospital environment of 648 beds.
- Ensured visitor, patient, staff and supplier questions were effectively answered and correct information provided.
- Answered approximately 120 incoming calls per day.
2005 Bachelor’s of Science, Biology
University of California – New Cityland, CA