100 Broadway Lane
New Parkland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Responsible and accomplished psychiatric aide with background in assistance provision for people with mental and emotional disorders. Solid history of aiding in occupational therapy settings and in personal care. Experienced in common means of documentation, including major computer programs.
- Compassionate caregiver
- Engaging personality
- Enduring optimist
- Emotional and behavioral awareness
- Knowledge of treatment processes
- Strong stress management skills
Psychiatric Aide, March 2006-April 2015
New Horizon House – New Cityland, CA
- Assisted residents in personal care, including morning bathing, oral hygeine, dressing and room organization.
- Administered prescribed medications and accompanied patients to and from treatments.
- Supervised patients during outdoor activities to ensure ongoing safety and responsibility.
- Assisted in mealtime duties, feeding and notation of patient files regarding dietary habits and consumption.
- Aided in patient restraint as necessary and ensured personal injury prevention at all times.
Psychiatric Aide, January 2000-February 2006
Greenhaven Group Home – New Cityland, CA
- Escorted up to 12 patients to off-site activities, including medical visits, occupational therapy, recreational outings and educational classes.
- Provided backup reception desk support and file room assistance.
- Conducted patient intake and exit interviews, as well as other interviews as directed by medical personnel.
- Supervised telephone activities and assisted in patients’ personal correspondences.
- Provided occupational therapy support in woodworking, leather tooling and mixed media arts.
1999 Certified Nursing Aide
Community College of Cityland – New Cityland, CA