100 Broadway Lane
New Parkland, CA 91010
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Surgical technologist with solid background with surgical procedures, implements and protocols. Strong pre-surgical performance track record in patient communications, preparation and positioning according to specific surgical nuances. Experienced in inpatient and outpatient procedural environments, sterilization procedures, documents administration and surgical suite preparation.
- HIPAA and OSHA certified
- Scrubbing, gowning and gloving
- Collaborative team player
- Strong medical terminology
- Supply and equipment preparation
- Patient care and confidentiality centric
Surgical Technologist, October 2008-May 2015
Cityland Regional Healthcare System – New Cityland, CA
- Consulted with surgical patients prior to procedure to ensure full understanding of associated documents, procedures, expectations and risks.
- Assisted in dressing and preparation of the physical patient for surgery.
- Ensured surgical suite readiness, equipment, instruments and implement availability, 100 percent sterile environment and overall preparation for the scheduled procedures.
- Scrubbed, gowned and gloved surgeons and self according to medical standards.
- Provided surgical assistance in selection and proper delivery of tools and implements, as directed by surgeon.
- Assisted surgeon and other nursing staff within the operating room, as needed.
- Assisted nursing staff and other healthcare providers as needed and directed.
- Maintained knowledge of aseptic procedures, surgical innovations and procedural changes toward optimum operating room preparation, performance and infection control.
2009 Associate of Science, Surgical Technology
Community College of New Cityland-New Cityland, CA
2009 National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)