100 Broadway Lane
New Parkland, CA, 91010
Cell: (555) 987-1234
Patient Care Associate adept at providing specialized patient care and routine care. Assist in turning, positioning, exercising, bathing, bed making, feeding, catherization, obtaining specimens and so on. Great at observing patients mental, emotional and physical conditions.
Patient Care Associate, April 2012 Present
Los Angeles Memorial Hospital Los Angeles, CA
- Perform accurate data entry into computer system when appropriate and maintain appropriate levels of office and medical supplies.
- Clean and stock med carts, IVs and blood trays.
- Administer indirect patient care procedures and clean tubs and shower rooms after patient usage.
- Replace sharps containers as needed in rooms and on med carts and clean and stock utility room, charts and chart racks.
- Strip linens, clean bed units, make beds, supply units and perform other housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate use of crisis intervention techniques when caring for agitated or violent patients.
Patient Care Associate, August 2008 May 2012
Monterey Clinical Services Monterey, CA
- Performed basic nursing care and treatment procedures on assigned patients as directed by the RN.
- Obtained reports on patients and attended scheduled departmental meetings.
- Documented basic patient care and procedures on assigned patients utilizing appropriate forms and medical resources.
- Follow established cardiopulmonary services procedure as directed by RN or respiratory therapist.
- Practiced proper patient transfer techniques and applied oxygen via nasal cannula.
2008 Bachelor of Science, Nursing
University of California Los Angeles, CA