Technology and business visionary with executive and hands-on experience in corporate and start-up environments. Strategic experience in Health Care, Legal, Real Estate, Manufacturing, Financial, and Computer industries. Strong record of success engineering robust high availability architectures and infrastructures. Proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business issues while managing costs and risks. Led development/engineering and deployment of custom applications. Experience managing high volume web sites, OLTP, and e-commerce systems. Specialized in building high performing IT teams and developing multi year corporate strategies that create business value.
Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
Leading Edge Software Development
Global IT Delivery & Project Management
Budgeting & Cost Control
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Service Level Agreement/Metric Development
Organization & Staff Development
Dynamic management career with strong strategic, leadership, communication, problem-solving, planning, team-building, engineering, and project management skills. Recruit, develop, motivate, and retain diverse staff structuring them in teams that deliver results and savings. Full responsibility for multi-million dollar budgets. Proven record of profitability in entrepreneurial ventures. International experience leading technical teams across India, Ireland, Singapore, China and USA. Confident under pressure while executing complex projects on time and on budget.
LowerMyBills an EXPERIAN COMPANY, Santa Monica, CA April 2006 – Present
Director of Operations & Technology
Provide executive leadership as head of Operations and Technology for the largest on-line advertiser serving over 4 Billion impressions each month. Responsible for all aspects of strategic technology planning, security, implementation, and support as an integral component of business plans. Engineered turnaround of IT’s organization, performance and service levels. Transformed IT into a strategic business partner by developing a technology roadmap to align with business needs. Manage and delivered multiple large scale projects on time and within budget.
· Direct Tech Support, Security, Software Engineering, Release Management, Linux/Unix/Windows Administration, Network, and Database Operations. Define and Improve Service Level Agreements. Establish rapport and credibility with department heads.
· Established database administration team to oversee security, configuration, patching, disaster recovery, and performance optimization for database operations in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 & 2005 and Oracle 9i & 10g RAC.
· Improved System Availability from 99.49% to 100% in 2 quarters by redesigning infrastructure for high-availability and implementing strict change control procedures.
· Drove Oracle platform upgrade from 9i to 10g RAC resulting in query performance improvements of 10 times.
· Implemented security enhancements for disk encryption, 2-factor authentication, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention, and web content filtering.
· Drove the design and build out of new datacenter expansion and consolidate sister companies data-centers and infrastructure to reduce costs and enable them to become profitable faster (designing Infrastructure as a Service.)
· Managed security audits for GLBA, and PCI compliance/certification.
· Oversaw engineering and implementation of SAND business analytics program.
MICROSOFT LICENSING, Reno, NV June 2003 – April 2006
Promoted to Senior IT Executive and challenged to grow global organization in 5 countries to support a $12 Billion business. Responsible for leading teams across India, Singapore, China, Ireland, and US to provide 24×7 Tier 1 and 2 support, Program Management, Engineering, Security, Release Management, Datacenter Operations, Call Center Operations, and Quality Assurance services. Controlled and accountable for multiple budges in excess of $15M+.
· Managed Program Management, Engineering, and Quality Assurance for Supply Chain management system deployed to 86 sites around the world.
· Reduced network costs by $400,000/year and increased network bandwidth by renegotiating contract.
· Led engineering, implementation, and testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery for over 46 systems.
· Oversaw engineering project team to implement custom Services Monitoring for Mission Critical Systems using Keynote and Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM.)
· Led engineering for Data Warehouse, ETL, and Sharepoint systems.
· Participated in Team Software Process (TSP), Personal Software Process (PSP), traditional Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall), and Agile framework for engineering projects.
· Established security analyst role to ensure adherence to Microsoft Corporate security standards resulting in ranking number 1 with 98% compliance across the IT Business Units.
· Established and improved Service Level Agreements (SLA) attainment from 85% to 94% for IT operations.
· Engineered Follow-the-Sun Support Methodology, and restructured processes to follow the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
· Established Database Administration team managing over 500 databases totaling in over 10 TB of data.
· Out-sourced call center to Dublin and offered multi-lingual support and increased customer satisfaction to 98% favorable and decreased costs by $100K.
MICROSOFT CORPORATION, Redmond, WA October 1999 – June 2003
Recruited to lead teams across India, Ireland, and US to provide 24×7 Tier 2 support, Program Management, Engineering, Release Management, and Quality Assurance functions in support of business plans. Controlled and accountable for budgets in excess of $4+ million. Established change management process for system changes. Continuous Improvement Programs implemented through Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Six Sigma, and Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF). Managed Largest Biz-Talk deployment in the world.
· Led program management, engineering, and quality assurance for Legal Contract & Workflow Automation application for 32 different languages.
· Managed engineering for Data Warehouse projects including upgrades to SQL 7.0 and SQL 2000.
· Reduced ETL time from 13 hours to 3 by redesigning process and database architecture.
· Managed Implementation of Microsoft Project Server to that would enable program manager office to efficiently allocate and level globally dispersed resources to their individual projects. This has become an IT Showcase for Microsoft.
· Completed Six Sigma Green Belt project to reduce deployment problems from 28 to 3 by automating software deployment and establishing new processes to manage developers’ source code in Visual Source Safe.
VOLT STAFFING (Contracted to Microsoft Corporation), Redmond, WA November 1998 – October 1999
Support Analyst Lead
Contracted to provide technical support for billing, sales forecasting, legal contract management, and data warehouse applications in Microsoft’s Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) division. Solved end-user issues, developed hot-fixes for applications, engineered change requests, and mentored new/junior team members. Oversaw project team activities and provided input on system design and support staffing requirements.
IT CONSULTANT, San Diego, CA 1993 – 1998
Worked with multiple clients to provide program management and development services to medical and legal start-up businesses. Collaborated on business requirements, functional/technical design, and application development. Managed corporate network and Exchange server, established security guidelines.
BS, Business Administration/High Technology Management, California State University, San Marcos, CA
Certified in the Team Software Process, Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute, Pittsburgh, PA.
Foundations Certificate in IT Service Management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB) of the British Computer Society.