OBJECTIVE: To establish a payroll or related position with any company and further improve its posture.
Years of practical experience in planning, organizing, coordinating and supervising disbursing
operations in the military (20) and civilian sector (10). Proficient in the use of the following payroll softwares: ADP EV3 (US and Canadian ver 5.0 ), Whitney, Golden Gate, Solomon (DOS version), Millennium and SAP. Total quality management of Leave and Earnings Statements for 3,000 employees while supervising six payroll clerks on board an aircraft carrier. Independently controlled every pay function involving the disbursement of public monies, processing payroll for 400 employees, examining and liquidating travel vouchers (approx 75 to 100 monthly) logged, compiled and submitted monthly financial returns on board a small vessel for four years. Responsible for the conversion of Solomon software to ADP while maintaining over 500 accounts for five processing plants, two processing vessels and the corporate office of Norquest in Seattle. Meticulously documented payroll procedures in every company for technical training and reference guides. Last employment was as a Senior Payroll Specialist with Wireless Advocates handling over 700 exempt and non-exempt accounts for kiosk managers and sales reps.
Wireless Advocates, LLC
Seattle, WA Senior Payroll Specialist December 2005 – September 2007
Charged with no less than 700 accounts across more than 30 states INCONUS for exempt and non-exempt employees. Responsible for all garnishments arriving from federal, state and private entities, verification of employments, W-4s, manual check processing, auditing of HR documents for new hires, vacation and/or sick requests, training and development including technical writing of payroll procedures for the department.
· Verify and input payroll summary timesheets arriving VIA e-mail using Excel, input hours including vacation, make changes in rates of pay for hourly, salary.
· Process all W-4 while auditing employees’ name, address and SSN, print manual checks and audit checks from junior Payroll Clerks examine them for accuracy and maintain payroll voucher files on a semi-monthly basis.
· Provide daily customer service (24 hour service or less) through phone calls, e-mails and faxes, correct benefit deductions including reimbursements.
· Train payroll personnel and document payroll procedures for future references and changes that may be incurred.
Performed contract work for VOLT.
Captaris Inc. Payroll Administrator 480 / Accounts Payable Intl Accounts May 2005 – August 2005
Puget Sound Energy Payroll Analyst 1200 February 2005 – April 2005
John L Scott Real Estate Payroll Administrator 500 November 2004 – December 2004
ADP National Account Services/ProBusiness Division May 2003 – June 2004
Bothell, WA Payroll Specialist II
Tasked with writing the interface procedures for CAPGEMINI Ernst and Young with 5,000 employees prior to relieving another Payroll Specialist in less than two months.
· Organized and simplified daily tasks for CGEY interface section while working with another
Payroll Specialist in expediting payroll batches to ADP headquarters in Pleasanton, CA.
· Laterally moved from CGEY to Sun Microsystems to assist in payroll conversion from Whitney
Software to ADP Enterprise
· Handled 2,000 accounts (A-D) for Sun Microsystems while processing vouchers, visas for foreigners and stocking departmental supplies.
Performed contract work for Robert Half Accountemps
Advance Interactive Systems Payroll Specialist October 2002 – December 2002
SNC Lavalin (formerly NEPCO) Payroll / Garnishment Specialist February 2002 – September 2002
T-Mobile (formerly VoiceStream Wireless) Payroll Specialist August 2001 – January 2002
Trendwest Resorts International Payroll Specialist May 2001 – July 2001
Norquest Seafoods Inc.
Seattle, WA Payroll Administrator November 2000 – March 2001
Directly responsible for all payroll functions within the department including but not limited to the manual processing of more than 500 checks using the Solomon software on a semi-monthly basis. In charge of answering all garnishment issues, 401K deferrals, monthly check registers and management reports.
· Verify payroll summary timesheets arriving from plants and vessels, input hours including vacation, make changes in rates of pay for hourly, salary and daily depending on ships’ location.
· Process all applications for direct deposit, print checks and check stubs, payroll check preview lists, calculated payroll audit lists, batch control reports, examine them for accuracy and maintain payroll files on a semi-monthly basis.
· Provide daily customer service through phone calls, e-mails and faxes while tasked with converting the payroll from Solomon (DOS) to ADP (Windows) by laying out the framework for which the system is designed and built.
Glacier Bay Park Concessions, Inc.
Seattle, WA Payroll Administrator July 1999 – Oct 2000
In charge of 50 to 300 payroll records for Glacier Bay Lodge employees in Alaska, seasonal vessel employees for five tour vessels and Seattle corporate employees on a bi-weekly basis. Responsible for the hiring and rehiring process of employees and their termination. Update 401K deferrals, garnishments of pay, journal entries and GL reporting by using the Management Report generated by ADP
· Maintained a bi-weekly payroll using ADP and Reportsmith Reportwriter
· Input timesheets for hourly and daily employees, other earnings and deductions, expense reimbursements, tax adjustments, uniform allowances, awards and incentives.
· Generated monthly reports using the Reportsmith for 401K, Shareholders’ report, New Hires report and other monthly journal entries.
· Customized the entire payroll system to a point where each report and function, whether it be bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly is submitted on a timely basis that is accurate, brief and concise in every respect.
Bellevue, WA Payroll Specialist February 1997 – May 1999
Responsible for maintaining a bi-weekly payroll for 1,300 Canadian hourly employees in 41 stores throughout British Columbia and Ontario.
· Verify, calculate and manually input hours on timesheets after reviewing sick, vacation, bonuses, awards and other entitlements.
· Compile, generate and transmit payroll data to Canada ADP then receive, distribute and file transaction proof reports, registers and records of employment.
· Process manual checks, update files, enter new hires/terminations and calculate vacation accruals.
· Cross-trained with Accounts Payables and General ledger personnel in order to expedite check reports and other files while resolving problem cases and year-end discrepancies to prevent company write offs.
Knowledgeable and proficient in Excel, Microsoft Outlook and SYSPRO (Accounts Payable software). Possess practical knowledge in Microsoft Word, Concurs and Wells Fargo wiring procedures for paying vendors overseas. Ten key calculator and type an average of 50 WPM.
Fundamentals of Payroll Certified – May 2004
Course graduate in ADP Enterprise and ADP ver. 2.3 and Reportsmith reportwriter
Course graduate in ATMs at sea implementation using NCR and IBM
BA Economics, University of the East, Manila, Republic of the Philippines