To apply my entrepreneurial experience and spirit to a company, or group of companies, that embraces the producer mentality. To add value, through my strategic analysis and creative solutions, that increases the organizations efficiency, markets and ultimate bottom line.
Iowa State University; Ames, Iowa
BA in Business/Communications, June 1994
Depreciation Stgrategies Group Burnsville, MN
Vice President Business Development Jan 2007 – Present
· Head of business development for the sale of Cost Segregation services to commercial Property owners.
· Called on CPA firms, Real Estate Brokers, Bankers and Commercial General Contractors to present the strategy of engineering based cost segregation through them, to their customers, as a value add.
· Gave large presentations and individual follow up to educate commercial property owners on the value of using a cost segregation analysis to accelerate their depreciation and therefore reduce their federal taxes.
· Followed each sale through the sales cycle and into implementation for the benefit of the client.
NEWLIFE PRIVATE TRAINING, LLC LOS ANGELES, CA
Founder/Owner Dec. 2000 – Jan 2007
· Developed, marketed and sold a system of personal training that not only was the most effective, but was also 40% more profitable than the standard fitness packages sold in mainstream fitness centers.
· Hired, trained and incentivised a staff of 18 certified personal trainers to give the “Newlife experience”.
· Called on and secured 16 upscale resident communities as exclusive contracts for Newlife PT.
· Developed and executed marketing and advertising programs that grew Newlife by 1400% over 6 years.
· Created an incentive program to increase employee retention by 200% and
ensured Customer Service and Inside Sales staffing and performance consistent with client needs.
· Transformed the company into a business opportunity/license for personal trainers through out the nation.
Johnson & Johnson’s Ortho PharmaceuticalLos Angeles, CA
· Called on over 87 Doctors and Pharmacy Directors in the south Los Angeles and Long Beach territory.
· In serviced Doctors, nurses and support staff on the pharmaceutical benefits of Ortho’s product line.
· Secured the largest and most profitable formulary contract for Ortho’s newest product, “Tri-Cyclen” in the country. This managed care contract with Harriman Jones paved the company’s path to success nationally.
Professional Offices Services Los Angeles, CA
Sales RepresentativeDec. 1994-Dec. 1996
· Called on medical and dental offices in order to sell a variety of professional office supplies.
· Built relationships with office managers and staff that promoted company and personal integrity.
Northwestern Mutual Life Ames, IA
College Agent Dec. 1991 – April 1993
Promoted the financial services of an A+ life insurance company within the Ames, IA territory.
Conducted a needs analysis of potential client’s current situation as well as future financial goals.
Provided the appropriate life insurance/financial product to meet the client’s need.
Achieved the #2 College Agent of the year status in 1992.