Are you looking for ideas on how to study and work full time? If you work a full time job and attend school, you may be having trouble trying to fit attending school, working, and study time in to your schedule. Add to that household chores, taking care of children and other obligations, and it can seem overwhelming. In order to make a success of your education and put it to full use, you must have the time to process what you are learning – which means studying. Below you will find useful tips regarding how to study and work full time.
1. Develop time management skills.
You must know how to organize your time in order to balance work, school and study in your life. Set up a daily or weekly schedule and block out certain times of the day that will be reserved for study. You may choose to do this early on weekend mornings as well, so that you have time later in the day for activities you enjoy or household chores.
2. Study in a quiet place away from distractions.
You will find that you get your studying done faster if you do it in a place that is quiet. Avoid studying in the living room where other members of the family are watching television or listening to music. Go in to a study or bedroom, close the door, and concentrate on learning.
3. Take valuable lessons from your job.
Even though your job and what you are studying may be totally unrelated, think about the skills you have learned through working and apply them to your study habits. Most likely you have learned to prioritize projects at work, and developed time management skills. Put those to use when you are studying as well.
4. Realize that you will not be able to socialize as often.
It’s hard to put your social life on hold, but when you work a full time job and attend school as well it is essential that you have time to study. While you may be tempted every time the family wants to go out for pizza or a friend invites you to go to the movies, learn to say no. They will understand when you explain that you have to study.
5. Record your lessons.
If your professor will allow it, tape lessons so that you can listen to them while you are doing household chores or driving to work. This will help reinforce the information, so that it becomes ingrained in your mind and studying isn’t such a task.
Today, there are many college students, single moms and married parents who choose to attend school and work a full time job. College students simply want to earn a living while attending school, and parents may want to pursue a better career that prepares them for a rewarding financial future. Hopefully, the tips in this article help you understand how to study and work full time.
More Sample Job Related FAQs:
- How To Go To College And Work Full Time
- How To Homeschool And Work Full Time
- How To Include Salary Requirements In A Cover Letter
- How To List References For A Job
- How To Make Extra Money Part Time
- How To Make A Resume For Your First Job
- How To Negotiate A Salary
- How To Negotiate A Starting Salary
- How To Prepare For An Interview
- How To Sell Real Estate Part Time
- How To Start A Cover Letter
- How To Study And Work Full Time
- How To Survive On A Teachers Salary
- How To Work Part Time
- How To Write A CV
- How To Write A Cover Letter For An Internship