In the past, it was not as common to use electronic files to submit resumes. There was a live person who would scan each resume and sort them out by hand. Now, many companies are using programs to go through the electronically submitted resumes to search for certain keywords or phrases that are necessary to fill the open position. If you are submitting resumes online and you are not getting called in for any interviews, this is probably because you are not utilizing the keyword and phrases that are being looked for. Understanding how these are used is going to be important to getting that much needed job.
– Companies are looking for certain action words that are going to convey a job and your contribution. If you are applying for a data entry position, the keywords may be ‘over fifty words a minute’. It is important to use as many action words as possible when describing past jobs so that the search engine that is being used by the company can find them and allow your resume to be viewed by the person who is doing the hiring.
– Research online those keywords that are relevant to the position that you are applying for. There are many databases online that contain these keywords and phrases so you can use them in your resume. If you want to be a step ahead of other candidates, you are going to use these keywords effectively. Just as web based search engines use keywords and phrases to find websites, remember that the keywords and phrases that you take advantage of is going to make your resume more searchable. Each resume submitted should be keyword heavy for that particular position.
Utilize the Entire Resume
– In the past, keywords were only searched in the first one hundred words of the resume. Now, they are being searched throughout the entire document. For this reason, you should use as many keywords and phrase throughout the entire document. Do not forget to use the keywords in the cover page. Every aspect of the resume is going to be searched and just in case a company is only searching the first one hundred, you are not going to be passed up if you have the same keywords in your cover page as well as your actual resume.
Do Not Forget Content
– OK, so you have all of your keywords and phrases and you are ready to submit your resume. Before you do this, make sure that the keywords and phrases that you have used fit into the body of the document. You still want your sentences and paragraphs to make sense. If they do not, when the live person reads your resume, they are simply going to move on to the next one if it does not make sense. While you need the keywords, you also need to have well written resume. Finding the right combination can take some work, but the end results are going to be worth it.
More Sample Resume Writing Articles:
- It Is Important To Know How Keywords Are Used In Resumes
- Keywords Can Make Or Break Your Resume
- Make Your Resume Stand Out In A Crowd_Choose A Resume Writing Service
- Make Your Resume Stand Out When You Attach It To Email
- Resume Screening Software
- Resume Software Helps You To Land Your Dream Job
- Resume Tips For New College Graduates
- Resume Writing Service For Profit
- Resume Writing For Beginners
- Resumes That Can Help Mothers Who Need To Go Back To Work
- Rework Your Resume Before You Quit Your Job
- Self Employment Based Resumes
- Ten Items To Include In Your Professional Resume
- The Best Way To Write A Consultant Resume
- The Best Ways To Submit Your Resume
- The Objective Of A Job Resume Is Important