Resumes are working in a whole new way today. This is why we are now seeing a rapid trend in online resumes. If you have not yet made the change to an online resume, this could be a great time to do so. Once you understand the reasons to have an online resume, it will make all the difference in your own decision to have one or not.
Here are the top 8 reasons to have an online resume:
1. Can save you money –
You can save a lot of costs when you use an online resume instead of the traditional printed resume. Think about the number of copies of your resume that you will need to have printed as well as your cover letters. Then think also about the postage if you have to mail these out as well. The costs can really add up but an online or emailed resume is virtually free to send.
2. It’s faster –
Email or an online link is much faster to get to someone when they request your resume or when you apply for a job or position. Regular postal mail will take days. In just a matter of minutes, you could send your resume to many different potential employers online with just the click of the mouse.
3. Is better for the environment –
In addition to being more economical, online resumes are better for the environment. Printed resumes and cover letters take up a lot of paper which wastes trees. Sending resumes electronically is much better for the environment.
4. Increases your chance of getting a response –
Many people are also not aware that having an online resume can greatly increase your chance of getting a response. It shows that you are savvy, up to date with the times and more easily reachable. With email, the potential employer can send you a response within minutes and it’s more convenient for them as well.
5. It helps keep your content fresh –
When you use an online resume, it gives you more opportunity to update often and add all of the new experiences, training or other relevant information that you might get which helps your resume stand out in the pile.
6. Can be applied easily to social networking –
There are many opportunities to job search within social media sites today. When you have an online resume, it makes it much easier to apply to social networks when needed.
7. Opens the door to freelance opportunity –
Another benefits to having an online resume is that it can open many doors to freelance opportunities. When someone sees what you can do, they may hire you or contract you for your services. You do not have to be a staff member to be paid for your experience and knowledge. Many people even decide that they like freelancing better or that it can be more lucrative to them financially.
8. Gives instant access to your resume –
If it takes too long for you to get someone your resume, they may find someone else to fill the position. Time is everything in the job market and the online resume allows you to get yours there quickly.
Now that you know the top reasons to have an online resume, you can make your own informed decision about whether or not this is right for you.
More Sample Resume Writing Articles:
- The Objective Of A Resume Is Vital To Job Seekers
- Three Common Resume Formats
- Tips For Beginning Resume Writing
- Top 8 Reasons To Have An Online Resume
- Use Resume Writing Software To Land Your Next Job
- Using Resume Keywords
- Using A Sample Resume Can Help You Get The Job You Want
- Ways To Compose A Resume That Can Change Your Career
- Ways To Create A Beautiful Resume
- Ways To Handle A Lapse In Your Employment History
- What Kind Of Paper For A Resume
- What Makes A Sales Resume Really Great
- What Not To Do When Writing A Resume
- What Your Resume Cover Letter Says About You
- What Are The Best Online Resume Builders
- What Are The Ways To Writing A Good Government Resume