Hiring managers and recruiters quickly glance through CVs when trying to fill a position, so it’s important to create an eye-catching CV if you want to move on to the next step, which is an interview. If you’re unsure about how to begin, look at professional samples like the coffee shop worker cv template below. Doing so will help you get an idea of how to lay out your document, what to include, and what to leave out.
Coffee Shop Worker CV Template
Beach Town, CA 11111
E: kjohnson@anymail P: 555.215.5555
Enthusiastic coffee shop worker and server with two years of experience in a fast-paced third-wave cafÃƒÂ© environment and three years of experience in a casual restaurant. I have worked both back of house and front of house, but I excel at creating an outstanding customer experience. I read people well and have an excellent memory for regulars and their drinks. I also like to educate customers about coffee to bring their experience to the next level, but only if that’s what they’re looking for.
Barista – Pike’s Peak Place – January 2015 – Present
• Welcome customers to the coffee shop and help them navigate the menu.
• Get to know regulars, including their names, occupations, and favorite drinks.
• Prepare drinks and quick food items to order.
• Clean, restock, and do prep as business and schedule allowed.
• Calibrate espresso machines at the beginning of each shift.
• Adhere to first-in, first-out rotation policy, brewed coffee expiration policy, and other quality control policies.
• Educate customers about third-wave coffee, as well as environmental and regional issues surrounding the cultivation and distribution of coffee beans.
Server – Salamander’s Bistro – October 2013 – January 2015
• Greeted guests and welcomed them to Salamander’s.
• Memorized and explained house specials, wine list, and beer list.
• Suggested entrÃƒÂ©es, desserts, and wine pairings to guests.
• Provided outstanding customer service.
• Maintained a good relationship with back of house staff.
Host – Salamander’s Bistro – March 2013 – October 2013
• Greeted guests and informed them of wait times.
• Seated guests according to established procedure to avoid overwhelming any one server.
• Explained specials, took drink orders, and made some recommendations.
Prep Cook – Salamander’s Bistro – March 2012 – March 2013
• Followed directions of sous chef and took cues from the day’s menu.
• Washed and chopped vegetables.
• Peeled potatoes.
• Sliced meats.
• Prepared salads.
• Followed basic recipes to make house salad dressing and soup bases.
Dishwasher – Salamander’s Bistro – August 2012 – March 2012
• Cleaned and maintained prep areas, cooking areas, cooking tools, and guests’ dishes.
• Loaded and unloaded dishwasher and sanitizer.
• Kept line stations stocked with clean dishes.
Education and Training
High School Diploma – 2013
Beach City High
• Excellent customer service skills
• Friendly demeanor
• Able to follow recipes and customize drinks for customers
• Open availability, year-round
• Team player; I always ask for help when I need it and provide it to others whenever I can
Hobbies and Interests
In my free time, I like to surf, water ski, and work at the farm co-op. I also volunteer at the local animal shelter and am learning to be a beekeeper.
Coffee Shop Worker CV Questions
Which skills are the best to list on a coffee shop worker CV?
The basic job of a coffee shop worker is serving customers, so this means the skills section of your CV needs to draw attention to your expertise in customer service and related areas. If you also have experience running coffee machines, those proficiencies need to go in this section. You want the skills to all relate directly to the job at hand as they do in the coffee shop worker CV sample.
What’s the best way to show you work well in a team on a coffee shop worker CV?
A coffee shop’s staff must work together in order to properly serve customers and keep everyone happy. Hiring managers want to see that you can work as part of a team. You should work into each section things that show you are a team player.
For example, mention this in the summary statement, include teamwork in the skills section, and list any collaborative scenarios from past jobs in the work experience section. Look to the coffee shop worker CV sample for ideas on how to do this.
What sections should you include in your coffee shop worker CV?
The coffee shop worker CV sample shows all the important sections a CV needs. You want to begin with a summary statement followed by a skills section. Next is work experience, where you explain your previous jobs, and the CV ends with your education. To make it simple to ensure you include all the right sections, consider using our resume builder. It makes writing a CV effortless.
How do you list references on a coffee shop worker CV?
In the past, references went at the very end of a CV or on an attached sheet of paper. See how the coffee shop worker CV sample contains no references? This is because today’s standards for CVs say to leave them out. If the hiring manager wants references, he or she can ask for them later. Most employers will ask only after you have gone through the first stages of the hiring process.
If you’ve never held a coffee shop worker job before, how do you make a coffee shop worker CV?
It is normal in this line of work for applicants to have not had experience in the industry before. In fact, many people may work in a coffee shop as their first job. If this is your first job or you have not worked in the industry before, then do not worry.
The best thing you can do is to match your existing skills, experience, and education to what the job description says the employer wants. Tailor your CV like the coffee shop worker CV sample to fit the job at hand and really catch the hiring manager’s eye. Your lack of experience may not be a huge deal if you sell your skills well.
Using a Job Description To Create a Standout Coffee Shop Worker CV
A Sample Coffee Shop Worker Description
The Coffee Cat coffee shop worker is the person who makes everyone’s day brighter and sets the tone for our little cafÃƒÂ©. In this role, you will work under our morning shift supervisor and rotate through various positions during your work day, including cashier, barista, bar back/prep, and kitchen assistant. Our coffee shop workers enjoy working on the boardwalk with a full view of the beach, as well as the chance to meet people from all over the world, every day.
At the Coffee Cat, we pride ourselves on our happy, fun vibe and commitment to quality and customer service. As one of our coffee shop workers, your responsibilities will include:
• Greeting each customer with enthusiasm and cheer.
• Recommending drinks, food items, and local attractions based on customers’ questions and stated preferences.
• Preparing food items.
• Making drinks from basic recipes and with requested customizations.
• Keeping the cafÃƒÂ©’s indoor and outdoor seating areas clean and inviting all morning long.
• Maintaining a friendly demeanor even when met with criticism or rudeness.
• Working as a team with the shift supervisor and other coffee shop workers.
• Assisting the chef with prep, cleaning, trash removal, restocking, and other duties as assigned.
• Are you at least 18 years old?
• Are you friendly and personable?
• Can you follow a recipe?
• Do you know when to ask for help?
• Are you available to work on weekends and holidays, including during summer?
• Do you have at least one year of cash handling experience, or did you do well in math at school?
• Have you ever worked in a customer service, sales, or another customer-facing role?
How To Employ the Job Description in Your Coffee Shop Worker CV
It’s important to use keywords from the job description to describe your skills and previous experience, like the coffee shop worker cv template does. Keywords may make the difference between having your CV read and having it thrown away because many companies use automated systems to sift through CVs and applications before they get to the hiring manager. To convince the software that you’re a good match for the advertised position, use key terms in the same way they are used in the ad.
Even if you haven’t previously done everything the new job requires, you can tie your experience in with the culture of the company you’re hoping to work for. The coffee shop worker cv template, for instance, mentions food prep, friendliness, cleaning, and teamwork because these things are specifically noted in the job description. If you have experience doing similar tasks in a different role, mention it in your work history section.