Simply relying on the information you included in a job application may be the reason why the invitations to interview haven’t exactly been rolling in. What you need is a strong curriculum vitae that grabs the attention hiring managers. Included here is an accountant cv template that will get you started on the path to creating your own employment reference document. Unlike a resume, a CV follows a very standard format, one that allows you to convey your professional skills without including unnecessary details. Also included here are some writing tips to help optimize your CV to its fullest potential.Create This CV
Accountant CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Accountant CV
A Sample Accountant Description
If you’re hoping your next job affords you the opportunity to have a strong influence in the day-to-day operations of a company, then we have the position for you. We’re seeking an accountant to handle both our budget analysis and our internal tax review and preparation program. We’re a regional provider of account collection services, with three offices and affiliations with two legal firms. As a member of our finance team, you’ll help allocate resources to support service initiatives and annual goals, ensuring that we have the financial and staffing resources needed at each of our locations. Your expertise in tax matters will also be heavily relied upon to ensure that we remain compliant with all state and federal guidelines.
- Manage our company-wide budget through detailed quarterly expense and revenue projections, taking into consideration factors such as staffing, contract renewals, new business agreements, and client retention.
- Meet with office managers to analyze each location’s contributions towards organizational totals and develop financial reports and summaries to be used as tools to gauge their performance.
- Prepare financial statements to share with company leadership at monthly coordination meetings, detailing current numbers and contrasting them to annual projections, and make recommendations as to where assets and resources may be reapplied to get closer to our annual goals.
- Maintain all expense and revenue records that have tax implications, and work with other members of our finance team to research federal and state tax code to find applicable credits and allowances prior to submitting quarterly tax returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (master’s degree preferred)
- Current CPA certificate
- Minimum of one year of previous experience in corporate accounting
- Strong understanding of federal and state tax regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Accountant CV
To ensure that your employment reference document can be recognized by job search engines and application screening programs, you want to review the job description sample included here in conjunction with the accountant cv template. Seeing the language used in the description (as well as in the job listings you’ve researched) shows you the common keywords and phrases used within the industry. You may already know many of them, yet you may not realize the significance they can have during the hiring process. Not only does including them in your CV make it more visible to document retrieval programs, but it also confirms to readers that you have the basic knowledge needed to succeed in the jobs they’re hiring for.
Another element that demonstrates your potential for success that’s found in the accountant cv template are the many metrics used in the Work Summary section describing the accomplishments listed there. Including those details allows readers to get a better idea of the impact your personal efforts had in helping your previous employers. This may serve as confirmation that you can be counted on to not simply meet job requirements, but to exceed them.