When you are applying for a new job, one of the first things you should do is develop a comprehensive and attractive curriculum vitae. This document is your chance to make a strong first impression on the hiring manager by highlighting your unique qualifications and professional achievements. If you aren’t sure what makes a great CV, read through the sommelier cv template below to get an idea of the information to include. We’ve also included a writing guide to help you tailor your CV for the job you want.Create This CV
Sommelier CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Sommelier CV
A Sample Sommelier Description
Are you passionate about fine dining and the art of enhancing food with the proper wine pairings? Apply for our sommelier position and bring your personal knowledge base and professional training to improve the dining experience for our customers. You will work with our executive chef to develop exceptional pairings for our menu selections, as well as seasonal offerings and tasting menu specials. You will also have the chance to research nearby vintners to add to our permanent or rotating wine list to give customers an appreciation for local varietals and artisans. We value your innovation, so you will have the freedom to create new pairings and events while you enjoy excellent pay and benefits.
• Interact with customers to recommend customized food and wine pairings to enhance dining experience.
• Discuss wine selections with customers, including tasting notes, regional and varietal information, and how specific wine selections should taste with certain meals.
• Research and test wines to increase usable knowledge of wine selections and improve pairing skills.
• Contact vintners, especially local producers, to sample wines for inclusion in rotating seasonal wine list and discuss possibilities for exclusive blends.
• Collaborate with executive chef to determine wine pairings for specials and tasting menus.
• Work with kitchen manager, chef, and local venue personnel to arrange for quarterly pop-up dining events and determine appropriate wine pairings.
• Exceptional palate, wine knowledge, and ability to pair wine and food
• Friendly with excellent communication skills to make wine accessible to all customers
• Flexible schedule to work nights, weekends, and overtime during the high season
• Detail-oriented and organized with excellent memory and recall abilities
• Self-motivated to continue learning and expanding professional base of knowledge
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Sommelier CV
Most hiring managers look through many submitted CVs for an open position, so it’s important to make yours stand out to increase your chances of getting an interview. One way to do this is to tailor your writing to the job description to which you’re responding. Look through the job listing for keywords and industry-specific phrases and make sure to incorporate these in your CV, as shown in the sommelier cv template. Adding keywords can help your CV pass initial screening tests where automated programs scan for specific terminology.
You should also make sure your CV shows how your personality and soft skills could improve the corporate culture and work environment of the company. Many job listings discuss the goals of the position in relation to the company’s values. As you can see in the sommelier cv template, you can tailor the language in your Professional Summary to focus on similar topics. The sample job description discussed ensuring customer satisfaction while bringing more focus to local wines, and the Professional Summary in the sample CV highlighted similar values.