Hugh Koch 4453 Cecil Street Westchester, IL 60154 (777)-228-8203 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Scott Allen Human Resources Manager Strayer University 4867 Happy Hollow Road Wilmington, NC 28401
Sep 15, 2010
Subject: Application for position of Admissions Assistant
Dear Mr. Allen,
I am applying for the position of Admissions Assistant as seen advertised. I believe the skills and experience I have to offer in this respect will prove to be of considerable benefit to Strayer University.
The experience and skills I have to offer Strayer University include:
– A full and effective understanding of the effective operating management of the admissions process of student induction and matriculation.
– The ability to provide an effective service to all applicants, as well as staff and any external clients and customers, always ensuring that these services are developed and delivered in a timely and efficient manner, meeting the strategic aims and goals of the academic organization.
– I have 7 years of experience in managing an academic organization’s admissions process in accordance with whatever policies and procedures have been in force.
– I have experience in providing administration support, working with a designated team to carry out and implement the academic organization’s statutory duties.
– I am well organized. I have a personable and friendly manner when dealing with admissions students, as well as when dealing with parents and other visitors, both in face to face encounters and when taking on the telephone.
– I hold Masters Degree in Business Administration gained at Duke University.
– I have experience in compiling data in preparation for statistical reports on student admissions.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for considering me for this position, and I look forward to the chance to expand on my qualifications, experience and skills at interview level.
To this end you may contact me at (777)-228-8203, or send me an email at email@example.com. I thank you again for the opportunity to be of service to you in the post of Admissions Assistant.