A curriculum vitae is a professional tool you can use to better position yourself among the pool of other candidates. By understanding how to format your professional summary, work experience, and skills, you are able to make an outstanding first impression, making it more likely you will get a call for an interview. Take a look at the oral surgeon cv template below and the following guidelines to learn what to include and how to tailor your CV to the job you want.Create This CV
Oral Surgeon CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Oral Surgeon CV
A Sample Oral Surgeon Description
Are you an innovative professional who goes the extra mile to ensure your patients are comfortable and happy with their results? If so, we welcome you to apply to become the oral surgeon in our family-owned and -operated dental office that has served the local area for 25 years. You will have the chance to improve the smiles and quality of life of many of our adult patients who come with varied and interesting cases, providing gentle and respectful care using state-of-the-art equipment and improving client retention. Our assistant staff is skilled and willing to help as you provide services from wisdom teeth removal and root canals to dental implants and bone grafts. We reward our friendly and hardworking oral surgeon with competitive pay, benefits, and paid continued education.
We welcome any oral surgeon who is skilled in the following activities:
- Provide local anesthesia, prescribe anti-anxiety medication (if necessary), and ensure patients are comfortable before starting any procedure.
- Evaluate patients for conditions of the mouth, providing x-rays and molds when necessary.
- Treat diseases, infections, injuries, or malformations of the salivary glands, jaw, neck, and oral cavity.
- Collaborate with orthodontists, restorative dentists, and other professionals to better determine a treatment plan.
Apply today if you have the following skills:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery and license in Washington state required
- Proficiency in DecisionBase TiME, DSN Software Oral Surgery-Exec, and DentalEye
- Friendly demeanor and interpersonal skills
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- AED/CPR certified
- Stellar communication skills, both verbal and written, and reading comprehension
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Oral Surgeon CV
As portrayed in the oral surgeon cv template, there are certain pieces of information taken directly from the job description. Often, hiring managers receive too many applications to go through them one by one, so they instead opt to run the documents through applicant tracking systems, which scan for specific keywords and phrases. If your CV uses keywords from the job descriptions, it is more likely going to make it to a second round of viewing. For example, this job description mentions “AED/CPR certified,” “Doctor of Dental Surgery,” and “DecisionBase TiME, DSN Software Oral Surgery-Exec, and DentalEye.” The applicant uses those exact keywords, ensuring hiring personnel know he is worth interviewing.
You can also use the job description to determine which accomplishments would best represent you to the employer. For example, in the oral surgeon cv template, the applicant related “patient retention” in the job summary to his experience improving patient retention by 25 percent. You can also use personality traits from the job description to convey you would be a great culture fit. For example, the applicant was able to add “friendly demeanor” and “interpersonal skills” to his CV to better highlight his fit with the company.