One of the most important tools in your job search is a strong CV. You want to provide a good first impression so you avoid the reject pile and successfully get called in for an interview. It is beneficial to see models, such as this high school coach cv template, to get a feel for the style and format. For further assistance, read our writing tips to discover hints on how to make your curriculum vitae stand out from the competition.Create This CV
High School Coach CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout High School Coach CV
A Sample High School Coach Description
Portland Independent School District is looking for a high school basketball coach. You will be expected to create a healthy and safe environment for our student athletes. The ideal candidate exhibits extensive knowledge of effective training regimens, drills, and plays to lead our athletes to success. We have a history of advancing to the playoffs most years, and we anticipate to continue our tradition of one of the best basketball programs in the district. You will be expected to also teach at least one other subject. As a member of our staff, you will receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a pension plan.
As one of our basketball coaches, your responsibilities include the following:
- Train student athletes using general fitness routines and specific basketball drills to enhance their skills.
- Organize practice sessions that easily fit into the school day schedule and other uses of the gym.
- Monitor the health of the student athletes and ensure they get adequate medical care and therapy for any injuries or health conditions.
- Ensure the safety and security of the student athletes during practice, on trips, and during games.
- Motivate players during games and provide advice on how to play at their peak level.
- Educate players on proper nutrition and training to reduce the risk of injuries and other negative effects of overtraining.
The Portland Independent School District expects its coaches to have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology or related field.
- Three years’ experience in coaching.
- Valid teaching license.
- Extensive knowledge of basketball offensive and defensive plays.
- Educated in nutrition, anatomy, and physiology.
- Dedicated to seeing students achieve their best on and off the court.
How to Employ the Job Description in Your High School Coach CV
When you apply for a job, it is essential that you customize your CV to the job at hand. This lets employers know that you are perfect for the job, and that you have put in the work to learn more about their school. An easy way to tailor your CV is to use key terms from the job description in your Personal Summary, Work Experience, and Skills sections. As you can see with the high school coach cv template, there are plenty of places to highlight that you have the skills for which the hiring managers are looking.
In addition to catching the attention of potential employers, sprinkling the key terms and phrases in your CV also will help your document be found through computer program searches. Often, these programs will have algorithms built around certain keywords, so you want to be sure you have them included in your CV. For example, the job description requires someone with extensive knowledge of offensive and defensive basketball plays, and the high school coach cv template uses similar language to list this in the Skills section.