Separating yourself from the crowded field of AC technician job applicants can be difficult without the right tools supporting your own candidacy. A curriculum vitae is one such tool. When submitted alongside a job application, it can showcase your skill set as well as your professional experience to prospective employers. This can all but ensure you an interview given that it confirms your ability to fulfill the job responsibilities of the position being hired for. Included here is an AC technician cv template along with some writing tips to create such a document of your very own.
AC Technician CV Template
Indianapolis, IN 11111
E: email@example.com P: 555-555-5555
Experienced AC technician seeking new opportunity working in commercial structures. Expert-level understanding of HVAC system components to design systems and troubleshoot various components. While primary work since certification has involved commercial structures, apprenticeship was completed with service provider that worked exclusively on commercial buildings. That combined experience has helped to develop a strong sense of adaptability to any working environment.
Residential AC Specialist
Green Solutions Community Developers
April 2014 – Current
• Handle all AC system installation work for residential contractor.
• Work with company engineers and draftsmen to determine AC systems requirements based on unique home designs, taking any special client considerations and requests into account.
• Complete purchase orders to be turned into company administrative staff to ensure that all components are purchased and delivered prior to the commencement of a new build.
• Review system setup and installation according to energy efficiency standards promised by company to homeowners.
• Involved in the construction of 65 homes across three planned communities.
AC Technician Apprentice
Peterson Professional HVAC Services
January 2010 – April 2014
• Served as an apprentice to AC technician as part of technician certification program for contractor that specialized in commercial HVAC services.
• Learned applicable HVAC installation, performance, and maintenance standards as required by local commercial building codes.
• Tasked with insulating refrigerant lines, installing and soldering pipes and ductwork, and testing electrical system connections under the direction of AC technician mentor.
• Accumulated over 7,600 hours of on-the-job experience.
• Earned EPA Section 608 Certification at the completion of apprenticeship program.
Big Z Contracting Services
July 2008 – January 2010
• Worked as a general laborer for local contractor during the completion of high school education.
• Participated in both residential and commercial construction projects, performing services such as framing, insulation installation, roofing, and concrete paving.
• Instructed on both commercial and residential building standards as well as the reading and interpretation of blueprints and dimensional drawings.
• Observed and assisted other contractors (including HVAC providers) involved in build projects as needed.
• Gained exposure to working in several different types of internal and external conditions, and learned the operational best practices with each.
Education and Training
HVACR Contractor License – 2014
Marion County Licensure Board, Indianapolis, IN
HVAC Technician Certification – 2014
Indiana Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association Apprentice School, Indianapolis, IN
Section 608 Technician Certification – 2014
United States Environment Protection Agency
• Familiar with both residential and commercial AC systems requirements
• Certified knowledge of federal refrigerant storage, handling, and usage standards
• Comfortable working in all manner of conditions
• Maintain excellent physical condition
• Excellent attention to detail
Hobbies and Interests
Volunteer as referee for high school wrestling matches. Off-road enthusiast who enjoys traveling along local ATV trails in the summer and fall. Avid football fan who holds season tickets for the Indianapolis Colts.
AC Technician CV Questions
What’s the best CV template to use for an AC technician CV?
You should use the basic template provided by our AC technician CV sample on your own application, following the exact same order. Start with your personal details and then work your way through the professional summary, work experience, education, skills, and hobbies sections. If you need help, then you should use our resume builder for easy and quick instructions.
What do you put on an AC technician CV for your first job?
For your first job in the industry, you should lend greater emphasis on the skills and education section. List all certifications you have acquired, and mention all skills that could potentially help you in this line of work. It is acceptable if your work experience section is shorter than the one on our AC technician CV sample. If you have no other tech jobs to mention, then you should list duties and accomplishments that could transfer over to this new line of work.
How do you list references on an AC technician CV?
Our AC technician CV sample does not list references, and you should follow its example. The only time when you want to provide a hiring manager with references on a separate piece of paper is if the employer specifically requests them. You do not even want to put “References available upon request” on the CV. It takes up valuable space you could use to talk more about your skills and achievements.
How do you list awards on your AC technician CV?
While our AC technician CV sample does not include awards, you can create a separate section for them if you desire. First, you want to make sure you have at least three achievements to discuss. Anything less can simply go in the work history section.
Make sure you only list relevant accomplishments. You do not want to list high school awards if you graduated a while ago. However, you can include honors you received from previous places of work, such as becoming Employee of the Month. You can make these awards more meaningful by quantifying them. Do not simply state you were Employee of the Month. Talk about how you earned the distinction after you saved your company thousands of dollars.
How do you list education on an AC technician CV?
Education comes toward the bottom of our AC technician CV sample. This is the section to list any degrees, certifications, or licenses you have obtained. Some hiring managers will only work with technicians with the proper certification, so make sure you clearly list it on the page. If the employer uses an Applicant Tracking System to scan applications for specific words and phrases, then it will pick up that you have listed “Certification” on the page.
You only need to focus on the most relevant education. Therefore, if you have acquired licenses or a college degree, then there is no reason to state explicitly that you graduated from high school. A hiring manager can infer that information.
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout AC Technician CV
A Sample AC Technician Description
Regional property management firm looking for experienced AC technician to handle systems at three of our apartment complexes. This position will serve as part of our own in-house property maintenance team under the direction of our newly appointed technical director. With this job, you can expect steady work, no longer having to worry about bidding for projects. You’ll split your time between our three complexes as needed, running routine system checks and performing maintenance work, as well as completing repairs and replacing system components when needed. You’ll be afforded a great deal of autonomy in the role, calling upon the assistance of our technical director and other technicians only as needed. Plus, you’ll have the chance to work with other technicians in other service areas, thus increasing your professional skill set.
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the AC systems at contracted apartment complexes.
• Collaborate with technical director as well as firm management to develop a system service and maintenance schedule to be followed during the late spring, summer, and early fall months.
• Consult with contracted heating technicians on the state of the ductwork and other HVAC system components at the end of each season, and support them in their work during the winter.
• Perform routine testing and maintenance as well as repair jobs if and when problems do arise.
• Maintain availability during the evening and weekend hours in order to respond to equipment failures.
• Assist other in-house service providers with their workflow as needed.
• Current HVAC technician license obtained through the appropriate state accrediting agency
• Familiarity with large-scale AC system performance and maintenance requirements
• Must be able to travel between different complexes
• Comfortable working both indoors and outdoors (particularly during the summer months)
• Must maintain good physical condition
How to Employ the Job Description in Your AC Technician CV
The sample job description included here is another of the tools that, along with the AC technician cv template, can help you in creating your employment reference document. In it, you’ll see several of the keywords and phrases used in connection with the position. While you may be familiar with many of them, those hiring for the positions that you’re seeking don’t know that and may use keyword scanning software before they ever set eyes on a CV. Therefore, as you’re using the AC technician cv template to complete your own, remember to include those exact words and phrases from the job description of the job you want whenever possible.
Also, expand on employer needs in the job description by listing your previous professional accomplishments among your prior work experience. Remember to use metrics to describe both those achievements as well as your job details whenever possible. As you can see in the AC technician cv template, this helps readers by providing context and keeping them from having to guess about the actual extent of your achievements.