With so many companies from large corporations to small startups relying upon their own business networks to support their operations, the demand for qualified technical support specialists has never been higher. At the same time, there are also quite a few people seeking jobs in this field. Having a curriculum vitae to submit alongside your applications can help distinguish you from other candidates. In the technical support specialist cv template shown here, you’ll see what sort of information this document should include. The accompanying writing guidelines will also help you in creating your own CV.Create This CV
Technical Support Specialist CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Technical Support Specialist CV
A Sample Technical Support Specialist Description
As our organization continues to manage many of our services through virtual applications, our demand for qualified technical support specialists has also increased. We’d like to invite you to join this growing team, supporting our frontline employees by ensuring network reliability and the continued operation of all of their computing resources. We’ll rely on you and your coworkers to keep all of our systems up and running, and to ensure that the safety and security of all of our vital business data is guaranteed. You’ll get the chance to work both behind the scenes and on the front lines, education non-technical staff and developing recommendations to share with our technical services manager to improve our overall operational performance.
• Provide assistance to non-technical staff, troubleshooting issues with computer hardware and software applications, and ensuring connectivity to our local area network.
• Receive calls through our internal computer support line and attempt to troubleshoot issues over the phone either by walking callers through processes or running diagnostic assessments remotely.
• Escalate issues that cannot be resolved remotely to service tickets that prompt technicians working on-site to assess problems in person.
• Assist in the installation and setup of new computer hardware, and push new or updated programs and applications out to end-users.
• Rotate between responding to calls through computer support line and performing on-site assessments, as well as between day and evening shifts.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer-related discipline or professional license through accredited certification program.
• Strong understanding of computer hardware and operating system specifications
• Must be available to work a rotating schedule
• Able to remain patient with frustrated end-users
• Excellent communication skills
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Technical Support Specialist CV
The sample job description included here is as valuable in creating a strong employment reference document as is the technical support specialist cv template. This shows you the keywords and phrases those hiring for tech support positions use in describing their jobs. Often, hiring managers will utilize job search engines programmed specifically to search for such terminology. Thus, mirroring the language of your CV after that used in the job description eliminates the potential that both your CV and your application are overlooked. Plus, it conveys a strong understanding of the responsibilities that come with a certain job.
Another important element that’s highlighted in the technical support specialist cv template is the listing of professional accomplishments. Anyone can pinpoint the tasks associated with a job, yet few may have notable achievements where the execution of them has been recognized by others. Including your accomplishments in your CV will help impress prospective employers, but only if you also include the metrics needed to offer a reader context. With them, one can truly comprehend the value you’ve added to other organizations through your work.