Graphic Designer is a broad term skill that can be applied to a variety of positions. Some types of graphic designers are involved in designing advertisements, brochures and catalogues. Another type of graphic designer is one who designs websites and is known as a Webmaster. However, in whatever capacity a graphic designer works, his main duty is to convey information through visual solutions to promote services and products.
Graphic Designer Job Duties
If you have an eye for colors, design and a passion for creating products that leave a lasting impression, then here’s the opportunity to work as a graphic designer. The following are the duties of a graphic designer.
1) To understand the design needs of clients.
2) Prepare and produce proposals and presentations for clients.
3) Develop design based on clients requirements.
4) Work in tandem with clients on designs based on requirements, modifications and feedbacks.
5) Identify and utilize appropriate software.
6) Update clients on progress, changes and adjustments.
7) Handle confidential documents carefully.
8) Collaborate with team for successful completion, especially in case of complex projects.
9) Ensure the final project is proof read for accuracy and quality.Create this Resume
Graphic Designer Knowledge and Skills
1) Ability to communicate concepts and design rationale to clients.
2) Knowledge of design, typography and production of printing and web products.
3) Expertise in graphics, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe, Microsoft Excel, Word, power point, etc
4) Knowledge of HTML, XHTML and CSS.
5) Knowledge of Macintosh and PC platforms.
6) Good writing skills, knowledge composition for editing and knowledge of grammar for proofreading.
7) Typing skills with at least 55wpm with high accuracy.
Graphic Designer Educational Qualification and Experience
1) For entry level positions, a Bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement
2) Associate degree in art, design or advertising is an added advantage.
3) An elaborate work portfolio for reference is a must in case of long years of experience with no certified course or degree in graphic designing.
4) At least 3 years of experience in design both in print and web is required.
5) Candidates should have experience working with e-files.
Graphic Designer Salary and Benefits
1) For an entry level position, the annual salary is considered to vary from $20,000 US to $25,000 US.
2) Experienced graphic designers can earn up to $90,000 US annually.
3) The average annual salary offered to graphic designers is about $40,000 US.
4) Companies also offer other benefits like insurances on health, dental and vision.
More Sample Job Description Articles:
- Forklift Operator Job Description
- Health Unit Coordinator Job Description
- Home Health Aide Job Description