The resume is the one document that can land a Civil Engineer the job for a project. An ideal Civil Engineer resume showcases the applicant’s previous experience and project strengths. The following is an exemplary example of a winning Civil Engineer resume.
Civil Engineer adept at designing, constructing and overseeing large construction projects. Experienced with road, bridge, building and water supply system projects. Proven ability to supervise as well as participate in construction projects.
– Analyze surveys
– Design blueprints
– Minimize environmental hazards
– Building material testing
– Economic feasibility determination
– Reference point establishment
Civil Engineer, April 2013 — Present
Company Name– City, State
– Conduct surveys and then analyze them as well as maps, reports and other data pertaining to the area where construction is scheduled to occur.
– Compile all the permits necessary for the construction of the project and ensure that all project specifications comply with local, state and federal government regulations.
– Test all the building materials for use in specific projects, such as asphalt, steel and concrete.
– Plan transportation systems, buildings and other construction projects by using design software.
– Guide the construction process from beginning to finish by overseeing all operations and ensuring all grades and elevations comply with government regulations.
– Consider and analyze the risk associated with each stage of the construction process and proceed accordingly.
Engineering Technician, August 2012 — May 2013
Company Name– City, State
– Assisted engineers and scientists as they created, modified and tested processes and products in the laboratory.
– Performed the extensive research required for certain projects and presented all relevant findings to engineers and scientists.
2012 Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering
University of California — City, State
Looking for CV Template ideas? See our sample for Engineering CV Templates
Construction Civil Engineer Resume Questions
What’s the best resume template to use for a construction civil engineer resume?
Use our effortless resume builder to create a resume in minutes. It will provide you with a great selection of resume templates, ranging from traditional designs to modern and creative styles. Think about the company and job for which you are applying to decide which template is appropriate. For your industry, it may be best to choose a more standard, universally accepted template, similar to the one our construction civil engineer resume sample uses.
How do you list references on a construction civil engineer resume?
Many hiring processes today follow the same order. First, hiring managers review your resume. Next, they invite you to interview. Finally, they contact your references before offering you the job. Because you will likely meet prospective employers before they contact your references, follow the example of our construction civil engineer resume sample by excluding a list of references from your resume. Create a separate list to give to employers during the interview.
If, however, hiring managers ask for resumes that include references, make sure you comply. Place your references at the bottom of the document, including the name and contact information of each person.
How do you write about hobbies on your resume?
If you look at our construction civil engineer resume sample, you will see that it does not include a hobbies section. You may be an exceptional chef, or perhaps you are proud of your skills on the basketball court. Unfortunately, it is usually a mistake to write about such hobbies on your resume.
Some companies have a laid back, modern culture and want to know about your personal interests before hiring you. If that is true of the company to which you are applying, include hobbies in your resume. However, if you are unsure if it appropriate, err on the side of caution and exclude them from your document.
How can you separate your construction civil engineer resume from other candidates’ resumes?
To separate yourself from other candidates, be creative with the content of your resume. Look at our construction civil engineer resume sample. The jobseeker writes about his experience in many different types of projects and demonstrates his ability to oversee and assist with all aspects of a project from beginning to end. It is important that your resume demonstrates your expertise in all areas of the job to show hiring managers you are an exceptional candidate.
How do you make a construction civil engineer resume?
To make a construction civil engineer resume, follow the tips previously mentioned. Choose an appropriate, professional template and exclude a list of references and a hobbies section from your document unless instructed otherwise by prospective employers. Think carefully about your content. Emphasize your most important and applicable skills and experience to set yourself apart from the competition.
Ensure your resume contains a professional summary, core qualifications, experience, and education section. Turn to our construction civil engineer resume sample for help deciding where to position each section and what information to include.