Applying for fisheries work is very different than applying for an average office job. To get on the best boats, you need to show both your skills and your personality. You must show that not only do you have the knowledge to do the job but also the interpersonal skills to thrive for extended periods out on the water. Do not waste time staring at a blank page while waiting for inspiration. Instead, use our fisherman cv template, plus our tips on tailoring your CV to the job, to help you create your own winning, professional CV.Create This CV
Fisherman CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Fisherman CV
A Sample Fisherman Description
Looking for a company where your efforts will bring tangible rewards? Become a member of our Loki Seafoods crew for the upcoming fishing season. Put your athleticism, common sense, and love of the outdoors into your work. Past commercial fishing experience required; this is not the job for a beginner. Your sense of humor and calm-under-pressure personality will be highly valued as we spend weeks together in close quarters. Use your experiences working as part of a successful, close-knit team to your advantage. Boredom is a rarity because there is always something that needs to be done. Use your jack-of-all-trades skills as you clean, repair, haul, and more. Join us for a job that is also an adventure.
• Remove catches from equipment, and with careful attention to detail, evaluate for regulation size compliance.
• Sort catch, placing in appropriate holds in ice and salt to maintain maximum quality and freshness.
• Place and retrieve fishing equipment in the water safely and correctly, and clean and maintain the fishing gear and vessel.
• Listen attentively to and follow all instructions and orders from the captain.
• Work extended hours in a row when necessary to optimize catch quantity.
• Assist with the operation of navigation equipment with careful attention to details, alerts, etc.
To maximize mutual success, you should meet the following requirements:
• Be at least 18 years old and able to certify physical fitness
• Able to commit to the full fishing season, which will include weeks offshore
• Demonstrated mechanical experience or aptitude
• Low-drama personality
• Previous seafood harvesting experience
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Fisherman CV
Competition to join on with a good crew can be fierce. As you see in the fisherman cv template, you can use key words from the job description to make yourself sound like the perfect fit. Pay attention to emphasized themes. The applicant in the example uses the interest section to highlight a key job requirement, physical fitness, which could be otherwise difficult to show.
Additionally, you can highlight your accomplishments by utilizing the needs of the company in the job description. You should list specific catch records or other measurable, numeric achievements. For example, the fisherman cv template expands on the job responsibilities to convey participating in a record-setting catch at previous employment, which resulted in a large increase in sales for the company. You should take the same process for showing how you’d fit in. For example, the applicant takes “low-drama personality” from the job description and discusses his ability to reduce conflict between co-workers.