The first impression you are going to make on hiring managers is going to be your curriculum vitae. This document needs to outline all of your qualifications about why you deserve to work for this company. As a result, you need to be certain your CV contains every pertinent section to show what you have to offer. There needs to be a section for your previous work experiences, skills, and a lot more, which is what you can see from this car driver cv template.
Car Driver CV Template
- Arrange to pick up company executives and always arrive on time.
- Assist passengers with loading and unloading any luggage.
- Record pick-up and drop-off times and later input information into the company’s database.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance, including filling up with gasoline well before it runs low, taking the vehicle in to get the oil changed, and checking tire pressure at least once a week.
- Carry out errands for company executives, such as picking up groceries or running to the bank.
- Notified dispatcher of when customers were picked up and where the vehicle was heading.
- Transported passengers to various locations around the city and recommended points of interest to tourists.
- Tested equipment, including the windshield wipers, headlights, and brakes, around the taxi cab once a week to make sure everything worked properly.
- Cleaned the interior and exterior of the cab once every couple of days to provide the best impression to passengers.
- Drove passengers around to various locales and events around the city.
- Communicated with passengers about things to do and offered friendly banter when it seemed appropriate.
- The established maintenance schedule for a limousine to take it into the shop and ensured there were always limos ready to go into circulation.
- Conducted regular maintenance on limos personally whenever fluids needed to be refilled or tires needed to be replaced.
- Safe driver with comprehensive knowledge of all state driving laws
- Exceptional customer service skills and pleasant personality
- Active listening skills to hear what a passenger wants
- 20/20 vision
- Mechanical knowledge to perform routine maintenance on cars
Car Driver Resume Questions
What sections should you include in your car driver resume?
Your resume should provide potential employers with all the information they need upfront to gain an understanding of your experience and skills. For this reason, it’s crucial you include your contact information, a professional summary, a list of your skills, relevant work history, and an education section. Other sections, such as hobbies, volunteer work, and references, are generally optional. Because it’s important that you don’t leave out any key information, you may want to use our resume builder, which can take you through the process step-by-step, or a car driver resume sample.
What goes in the header of a car driver's resume?
As you can see in our car driver resume sample, your resume header provides hiring managers with your contact information; you’ll want to keep this section clear and accurate. Use your full name. It’s not necessary to give your entire mailing address, but adding your city and state gives the person reviewing your resume a quick idea of where you are. Most importantly, make sure your email address is professional. If needed, you can easily create a new email account using an online client such as Gmail. Finally, include your phone number with the area code.
What’s the best length for a car driver's resume?
You may have heard that it’s best for your resume to fit on one single-sided page. In general, this is a good rule of thumb. You’ll also want to have enough “white space,” margin space, and space between sections, that your resume is easy to scan. You don’t want to bog the hiring manager down with excessive detail. In some cases, it’s acceptable to have a resume that takes more than one page, especially if you have a lot of experience, as you can see in one of our car driver resume samples. In general, you should be able to communicate your contact information, summary, professional skills, 10 years of past work experience, and education fairly concisely.
Which skills are best to list on a car driver's resume?
Before writing the skills section of your resume, take a look at the job posting and see what skills the hiring manager is looking for. That way, you can add these skills to your own resume if you have them. Car drivers generally need to have skills that include safe driving, good customer service, basic car maintenance, a clean driving record, and others. Check out a car driver resume sample to get a better idea of what to include in this section.
How can you separate your car driver resume from other candidates’ resumes?
Because recruiters spend an average of six seconds scanning a resume, you’ll want to create a resume that stands out from the rest. There are several ways to do this. Use keywords that you find in the job posting, and use bullet points where you can. In the work experience section, use strong action words to start each bullet point and list metrics where applicable. For example, if you averaged a certain number of satisfied customers or road miles per month, say so! You’ll notice that our car driver resume samples all have clear, clean layouts as well. This will likely earn your document a second look.
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Car Driver CV
A Sample Car Driver Description
Job Summary As one of our new drivers, you will become the face of McGilligan’s Taxi Service to countless people. Our organization already has a stellar reputation within the San Diego community, so we need someone who will continue providing passengers with friendly service. Anyone with a valid driver’s license and a pleasant personality should absolutely apply. Additional consideration will be given to applicants who have mechanical knowledge and have experience fixing cars. This job is a great way to meet the people of San Diego and see sides of the city you would not see otherwise. Job Responsibilities The tasks you will have to perform when working here include:
- Follow all company safety regulations to ensure passengers have a safe, enjoyable trip and abide by all state laws.
- Pick up passengers in a timely manner and provide them with the best experience possible while in the taxi.
- Maintain the aesthetic of the taxicab by washing it when you have downtime and vacuuming the interior.
- Collect fares and communicate with dispatch immediately after dropping a passenger off.
- Provide great customer service to patrons by helping them with any luggage and assisting passengers with disabilities to get in and out of the cab.
- Inform employer immediately should taxi be involved in an accident and cooperate with authorities fully throughout the process.
Job Skills We want to see these qualifications in all candidates.
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- At least 18 years of age
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Impeccable driving record
- Excellent time management skills
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Car Driver CV
Many job seekers make the mistake of assuming the interview will be their chance to make an excellent impression. However, the first impression you make is actually going to be your CV. You need to take some pointers from this car driver cv template so that you make a hiring manager actively want to meet you. You can achieve that quite nicely by basing your CV around the job description you read that informed you of the open position.
For example, the sample job description above states that applicants should have great customer service skills. This is reasonable because drivers interact with the general public on a daily basis. That means you want to be sure you state how friendly and personable you are within your CV. The description also states that it would be nice if applicants have mechanical knowledge and that these applicants will be given extra consideration. Although you do not want to lie, you want to state that experience if you have it. The car driver cv template here does an excellent job of incorporating aspects of the job description example, and you want to do the same to have a more productive job hunt.