Planning out your job search starts with an effective strategy for your CV writing process. Jobseekers need to understand how much hiring managers rely on this essential document when making decisions about which candidates to interview and hire. You’ll need to follow the standard format for a CV and include a professional summary, work history, education section, skills, and hobbies. Below, you can see a complete sample guide in the form of the hotel front desk agent cv template that details this process and demonstrates the ideal style.
Hotel Front Desk Agent CV Template
Tucson, AZ 11111
E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 555-321-7134
Friendly and customer-oriented hotel front desk agent with 12 years of experience in the industry. Dedicated to providing quick and helpful service when checking guests in and out of their hotel rooms. Experience with providing custom concierge service to guests and giving recommendations for best places to find restaurants and attractions. Calm and effective when dealing with customers with problems or complaints about room amenities. Talented at selling additional upgraded services and hotel products to meet corporate goals.
Hotel Front Desk Agent, Arthur Hotel Group
April 2015 – present
• Welcome guests to the hotel upon check-in and recommend additional services or amenities after finding out about travel plans, increasing the check amount by 15 percent on average.
• Respond to guest complaints and concerns about the condition of the room by communicating with housekeeping or reassigning rooms to the guest.
• Operate a computer reservation system and update information as rooms are assigned, reserved, and vacated.
Hotel Front Desk Agent, Deer Valley Resort
May 2010 – April 2015
• Verified that each guest was satisfied with the room condition and service at check-out and took immediate action if things weren’t right, lowering official customer complaints by 39 percent.
• Coordinated large group reservations and assigned blocks of hotel rooms together for people having weddings or family reunions.
• Reserved the meeting room space for corporate clients and arranged for food and drink deliveries and chair setup for the client’s needs.
Hotel Front Desk Agent, The Serenity Inn
June 2005 – May 2010
• Awarded a top customer service award for being named by a large number of customers for providing helpful and efficient service.
• Listened to customer questions about things to do in the area and places to dine, and provided recommendations of the top spots.
• Processed payment information for guests when checking in to the hotel room by running credit cards or taking cash payments.
Education and Training
Coursework in Communications – 2005
University of Arizona, Phoenix, Arizona
High School Diploma – 2004
Cedar High School, Phoenix, Arizona
• Expert skills in providing great customer service and exceeding the guests’ expectations for service at the hotel.
• Empathetic and effective listener when guests have an issue or concern that needs to be addressed right away.
• Excellent ability at handling multiple tasks at one time in a busy, fast-paced, high-volume hotel or resort.
• High level of knowledge of computer reservation system software, such as FrontDesk, roomMaster, and Hospitality.
• Strong skills in communicating with the public directly and able to put thoughts in writing clearly and effectively.
Hobbies and Interests
My big hobby outside of the work day is skiing and snowboarding. For the colder months of the year, I make the long drive to the mountains and spend time on the slopes. During the summer months, I sometimes travel to the southern hemisphere to work on my technique.
Hotel Front Desk Agent CV Questions
What’s an example of a great hotel front desk agent CV?
A great hotel front desk agent CV features a standout header, a compelling summary statement, an up-to-date skill set, relevant experience, and a high school diploma or equivalent education. Our hotel front desk agent CV sample provides great examples. Review it to see how you can best apply your unique skills and experiences to your professional document.
How do you make a hotel front desk agent CV?
Use our time-saving, step-by-step resume builder. We’ve made it easy for you to identify the appropriate sections and the content to include within each. We also guide you on how to format your professional document for greatest impact on hiring managers. Our hotel front desk agent CV sample provides an example of a professional document for you to consider, as you create your own.
What should go in the experience section of your hotel front desk agent CV?
If you’ve held a hotel front desk agent position or similar jobs, include these in the experience section. Provide your job title, the place of business and its location, and your years of employment in the position. Using bullet points and active verbs, list your top responsibilities and successes for each job.
If the hotel setting or hospitality industry is new to you, don’t worry: Include any professional experiences relevant to the advertised job. Maybe you worked as an event registrar for a mountain bike race or as an exhibition guide in a museum. Both these examples involve working with the public and using communication and organizational skills to get the job done. Visit our hotel front desk agent CV sample to see what kinds of experiences to include.
What’s the best way to list certifications on your hotel front desk agent CV?
If you have only one or two certifications to include, place these in your CV’s education section, or put them in the experience section if you earned them through the workplace. Perhaps you have a wealth of industry certifications in areas such as hotel desk management or language proficiency. If so, consider showcasing these in a separate list of qualifications.
Regardless of how you choose to present your qualifications, make sure you provide the title of the certification, the conferring or licensing organization, and the year you received it. Look over our hotel front desk agent CV sample for more guidance on how to list certifications.
How do you list references on a hotel front desk agent CV?
Omit references from your CV. If the hiring manager requests them, provide them on a separate digital or print document. Jobseekers used to include “References available upon request” at the close of their resumes. Check out our hotel front desk agent CV sample and you’ll see that today’s jobseekers use this prime piece of real estate to communicate their skills and abilities, experience, and education to future employers.
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Hotel Front Desk Agent CV
A Sample Hotel Front Desk Agent Description
The Elk Neck Beach Resort is currently recruiting a hotel front desk agent for our reservations department. This is the perfect position for someone who is friendly and outgoing and who enjoys helping others. If you are determined to provide awesome service to our guests and ensure their stay at our resort is incredible, this may be the right place for you. Our hotel front desk agent needs to be able to check our guests in and out quickly and manage a high volume of people coming into the hotel. Additionally, if something isn’t up to the guest’s standard, you need to do whatever you can to make it right. You should also have a good deal of knowledge about the local area in order to give our guests recommendations about places to visit and restaurants to patronize. If this sounds like you, contact us today!
The hotel front desk agent is responsible for a variety of tasks, including the following:
• Welcome guests into the hotel’s lobby with a friendly smile and a fast check-in process.
• Take payment information for hotel rooms and update the computer reservation system.
• Ensure all guests are satisfied with their room’s conditions.
• Direct housekeeping or maintenance to address problems with rooms immediately.
• Promote hotel products and upgrades to guests, such as breakfast, room service, and in-room entertainment.
Candidates applying for this job should have the following qualifications:
• A high school diploma or a GED certificate.
• Six months or more of experience working in a hotel setting.
• A commitment to providing amazing customer service.
• Proficiency with our computer hotel reservation program, FrontDesk.
• Above average oral communication skills and an ability to write effectively.
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Hotel Front Desk Agent CV Template
When you have found the perfect job posting that seems like a great fit for your talents, it’s essential to customize your CV to match the position. Hiring managers don’t want to spend too much time on reviewing applications that don’t meet the job’s requirements. You can make it easier for employers by following the directions in the job description. In the hotel front desk agent cv template, the candidate models the skills section after essential job skills directly from the posting, such as customer service skills, computer knowledge, and communication ability. The main responsibilities of the advertised job are also included in some way throughout the hotel front desk agent cv template. Using exact terminology and phrasing can help candidates show hiring managers how they are experienced enough to be successful in the job. This technique is also beneficial to you if the company uses a high-tech computer program that scans each CV with an applicant tracking software program. When a certain percentage of keywords are found, the CV is sent for further review. This way, you can ensure your CV gets careful attention.