If you want to connect with an audience of recruiters and land your ideal job, you first need a stunning CV that captures your prowess as a photographer and showcases relevant experience and skills. Learn how to take your CV from innocuous to inspiring by referencing our photographer cv template and recommended writing guidelines. We offer tips for curating the most important parts, including the Professional Summary, Work Experience, Education, Skills, and Hobbies and Interests sections.Create This CV
Photographer CV Template
Using a Job Description to Create a Standout Photographer CV
A Sample Photographer Description
As a photographer with the New York Gazette, you know how to capture and document the pulse of the Big Apple. You draw viewers in with your unparalleled composition and lighting, adjusting each to best showcase the subject, event, or location at hand. You know how to use imagery not only to complement a written story, but also to connect and tug at the heartstrings of your audience. Because our news post is a central part of New York City, we take deep pride in giving back to the community. We ask our photojournalists to participate in different fundraisers and causes throughout the year. As a valued contributor on our team, you will receive a full benefits package complete with outstanding health care, child care, dental and vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings matching.
The New York Gazette seeks an inspired photographer to join our award-winning, fast-paced news organization. You will be expected to
• Document events and happenings in New York City using traditional and digital cameras, for a viewership of 500,000.
• Identify photographic opportunities and the ideal composition for each picture.
• Use tripods, lighting, and other equipment to achieve the best effect.
• Adjust camera focus, shutter speed, and apertures as necessary based on subject motion, film type, field depth, and lighting.
• Edit photographs and create different effects using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in photography, photojournalism, or a related field.
• Three or more years of print and digital photography experience.
• Portfolio with ten or more published pieces.
• Knowledge of professional media and photography tenets.
• Unrivaled creativity and ability to think outside the stock.
How to Employ the Job Description in Your Photographer CV
As demonstrated in our photographer cv template, it is effective to fill your professional snapshot with key phrases taken straight from the job description. This lets the hiring manager know you meet the demands of the position. Reference the job requirements and preferred skills sections to know which terminology to use. You can also see that the photographer cv template lists figures mentioned in the position description to demonstrate the candidate can handle the hiring organization’s large volume and audience. When writing your own CV, be sure to name both hard and soft strengths and concentrate them in the Skills section.
In addition to using phrases and numbers from the job description, you should showcase your most important professional achievements, especially if you have won any awards. The Work History and Education sections are often two of the best places to do this. For instance, in the photographer cv template, the applicant mentions experience not only taking award-winning pictures, but also planning, developing, and editing them for both print and digital platforms, as requested in the job posting.