Professional Painter with a long and successful history of completing interior and exterior painting jobs and leaving homes clean and tidy. Knowledge of different painting methods, which paints work best on different types of surfaces and how to clean and prep surfaces for painting. Some additional experience in painting commercial properties too.
- Residential and Commercial Painting
- Interior and Exterior Painting
- Common and Specialty Painting Techniques
- Customer Service
- Surface and Area Prepping
- Cleaning Job Sites
Painter, July 2013 — May 2015
Company Name — City, State
- Met with the owners of commercial and residential properties to discuss the type and colors of paints they wanted
- Use specialty painting methods inside homes and businesses, including distressing techniques and painting with stencils
- Responsible for thoroughly prepping walls and other surfaces to ensure paint went on smoothly
- Arranged fans and used heat guns to dry surfaces faster based on the wishes of clients
- Provided clients with feedback regarding the best paints to use and which colors would look best
Painter, February 2012 — June 2013
Company Name — City, State
- Cleaned and dried walls before applying one or more coats of primer and then painting the walls
- Painted interior and exterior walls, baseboards, moldings, windowsills and other parts of buildings
- Responsible for cleaning any spills and removing tools and supplies to keep clients’ properties clean
- Assisted clients in going over paint samples and designs to pick services for their needs
- Informed clients of problems that might lead to a delay in the completion of their jobs
2013 High School Diploma, General Studies
East San Diego High School — City, State
Painter Resume Questions
How do you list education on a painter resume?
Most employers looking for a new painter care more about tangible experience than education. However, you should still include an education section at the bottom of your document, as shown in our painter resume sample.
List your high school diploma if you received no further education. If you obtained a post-secondary degree, list its title and the name as well as the location of your school, and exclude information about your high school.
What’s the best way to include digital skills on a painter resume?
Your skills in painting techniques and customer service are most likely more important to hiring managers than your digital skills. Make sure you first emphasize industry skills, as our painter resume sample exemplifies.
If the job listing identifies desirable digital skills, or if you believe your computer and social media skills may help improve business for the employer, include these skills at the bottom of your core qualifications section or throughout your experience section to set yourself apart from competing candidates.
What do you put on a painter resume for your first job?
Instead of a professional summary, which most jobseekers use to showcase experience, use an objective statement that asserts your ambitions to learn and develop as a painter. Point out as many hard and soft skills as possible, such as abilities to paint interior and exterior surfaces, clean and prepare project areas, and follow directions. Use your experience section to identify unofficial painting jobs you completed as volunteer work or for family or friends.
What’s the best way to show you work well in a team on a painter resume?
Resume-writing is especially daunting when trying to land your first job. Use our experienced resume builder to receive step-by-step direction. With it, you can create a submission in minutes that looks just as professional as our painter resume sample.
Working as part of a team is an important skill to possess as a painter. However, hiring managers often view the word “teamwork” as an unimpressive and generic one. Instead of including it in your core qualifications section, think of ways to illustrate your use of this skill.
What should you include about your accomplishments on your painter resume?
Did you land and successfully complete a commercial painting job for a high-profile client? Did you consistently receive excellent reviews from clients? These are accomplishments you should include in your professional document to show hiring managers how you might benefit their company.
Follow the example of a relevant painter resume sample by using your professional summary and experience section to emphasize your professional achievements. Be specific in your descriptions by using numbers, figures, or percentages if possible. Identify the specific skills you used to achieve success.