A resume that focuses on your strengths and past accomplishments provides the perfect opportunity to make a positive first impression with a potential employer. Skilled design drafters are in constant demand, and showcasing examples of your past drafting experience is essential to give you an advantage over other applicants in the drafting industry.
Employers in the drafting field are always looking for someone who pays attention to details and has experience with AutoCAD or other design software. Listing your highest level of education and any past jobs in design or engineering can give you a significant edge over less experienced job seekers.
Review the drafters resume template below for additional information on creating the perfect resume for the job.Create Resume
123 Fake Street | City, State, Zip Code
Detail-oriented managerwith strong educational background in design, supported by field research and professional work experience in Case and Millwork. Manager with 30 years of experience in Cabinet and Millwork fabrication. Areas of expertise include AutoCad shop drawing, production scheduling and installation scheduling. Talented professional with an extensive background in Cabinet shop managing, specializing in project coordination and manufacturing processes. Skilled CAD Drafting professional with hands-on experience using design techniques and producing precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models. CAD Drafting professional with broad understanding of design and construction process with exceptional creativity, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
SHOP, INSTALLATION AND DRAFTING MGR. September 1995 to March 2013
Company Name– City, State
- Played key role in designing Custom Residential Cabinetry that resulted in continuous repeat business .
- Spearheaded development of Quality Control and Management Department.
- Created assembly and layout drawings using AutoCAD 2011 technology.
- Prepared plans and layouts for equipment or system arrangements and space allocation.
- Interpreted drawing markups and implemented drawing revisions provided by design firms and architectural firms.
- Prepared cabinetry details and assembly drawings for shop fabrication and field installation.
- Prepared specifications of hardware and components to ensure that installation and operations conformed to standards and customer requirements.
- Coordinated manufacturing, construction, installation and maintenance projects for general contractors to complete per customer requirements.
- Coordinated with vendors, sales reps and material suppliers for aid in project completion.
- Planned infrastructure routes accounting for company policies, space availability and equipment constraints.
- Provided drafting support to drafting department.
- Performed detailed calculations to establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications, maintaining 100% accuracy rate.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT LOS ANGELES. 1977 City, State
Bachelor of Arts: FINE ART AND DESIGN
GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE 1975 City, State
Associate of Arts: BUSINESS