If you’ve recently graduated college with an occupational health degree or one in a related scientific or technical field, it’s time to kickstart your career in the industry. The best place to start is to put together a great resume for an entry-level role that shows employers you’re ready to undertake the challenges associated with this technical career.
Occupational health and safety professionals make our work environments better for employees. To do this, they must have strong analytical, problem-solving, visual, and technical skills, all of which you should include on your resume. Include coursework and projects you did at college as well extracurricular training and certification you’ve obtained such as advocacy or first aid. Practical skills are also extremely valuable in this industry, so be sure to include any experience in areas like construction or engineering.
Read over the pointers in the entry-level occupational health and safety resume templates below.Create Resume
- 123 Fake Street | City, State, Zip Code
Enthusiastic, detail-oriented, self-starter with academic background in Environmental Engineering. Ability to establish priorities and relish challenges head-on.
Foreign language skills
- EIT Certification
- OSHA 40hr HAZWOPER Certification
Research Engineer 09/2011 to 12/2013
Company Name – City, State
- Perform AB1953 standard tests on plumbing fixtures and related commercial products in certified laboratory.
- Write technical reports summarizing procedure, methods and results based on ASSE standard report form.
- Performed data analysis and provided recommendations to achieve the ASME, ASSE standard.
Monitoring Assistant 10/2009 to 09/2010
Company Name – City, State
- Participated in fieldwork, including routine river water sampling and sample preservation.
- Participate in maitaining equipments to minimize the dangers in the fieldwork.
- Assisted in identifying concentrations of sample characteristics, such as BOD, COD, VOCs, heavy metals as required.
- Interpreted analytical data results and maintained data base files and prepare reports as required.
- Responsible for safety of chemical reagent used to avoid potential danger during the experiments.
Master of Science: Environmental Engineering 2012 Stevens Institute of Technology – City, State
- Recipient of Graduate Assistantship
Bachelor of Science: Environmental Science 2009 Qingdao University of Science & Technology – Qingdao
- Recipient of Excellent Freshman Scholarship
- Recipient of Community Service and Social Practice Scholarship
- Award of the Excellent Student Leadership of Student Organization, 04/2009
- Elected to be the President of one of the councils at Yager Youth LeadershipConference, 05/2012